Great Crested Grebe family feeding

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
A tender moment as one parent returns with a fish for one of the four humbug chicks on the other parent bird's back.

Here the fish is being passed to the youngster who valiantly tried to swallow it, but after trying the fish with all four chicks, the adult had to eat it instead, and go catch a smaller one!

5654881765_daf87f3562_o.jpg

Canon 7D, 500mm F4 + 1.4TC. Minor crop.

Well done Pete...fantastic reward for all the hours put in.
No wonder they never stop searching for food with all those to feed.
Glad you confirmed there were 4 young...Looked 4 on my shots but hard to tell.

Keith (y)

I didn't want to mention THAT incident........B*******

You can travel all around the country and then get S*** on in your own backyard.
Least I only had my Plates nicked!

Keith (y)

like this one Pete lovely shot, sounds like you have been having some trouble

Aye. A pair of unspeakables broke both my side windows of my car, and robbed a few bits and bobs from it. Thankfully I had all my photo gear on me, and I must have disturbed them, as they failed to get anything of value from inside.

I shan't be leaving anything in there from now on. Got a photo of the car, which the Police took the plate and details from.

Just had to fork out my excess to get the windows replaced, and the glass is everywhere inside. Even after 2 hours of vacuuming, I'm finding bits.

Very annoying, though the other car that was also broken into, had a wallet and stereo pinched, so perhaps I was sort of lucky.

Aye. A pair of unspeakables broke both my side windows of my car, and robbed a few bits and bobs from it. Thankfully I had all my photo gear on me, and I must have disturbed them, as they failed to get anything of value from inside.

I shan't be leaving anything in there from now on. Got a photo of the car, which the Police took the plate and details from.

Just had to fork out my excess to get the windows replaced, and the glass is everywhere inside. Even after 2 hours of vacuuming, I'm finding bits.

Very annoying, though the other car that was also broken into, had a wallet and stereo pinched, so perhaps I was sort of lucky.

sorry to hear that Pete, bloody hooligans thay make you sick, good job you had your kit with you, makes you wonder where its safe to leave your car

Back