Great crested Grebe weed dance

nice one! I like the way you have captured the heads at different angles,nice and sharp too.

Great pictures. :)

Well worth the effort Stu, super birds putting on a great display :clap:

Absolutely stunning sharp pics, each one of them has a different perspective with the different head positions :)

A really good catalogue of their behaviour Stuart :clap: Quality of all of them are top drawer. What focal length did you use on these?

A really good catalogue of their behaviour Stuart :clap: Quality of all of them are top drawer. What focal length did you use on these?

Hi rich

500mm with 1.4 converter =700mm

tip click on flickr photo
this photo was taken with nikon D3s click on nikon d3s all settings will be shown

stuart

Absolutely fantastic set - really enjoyed them and what a wonderful name - Doffcocker Lodge!

These are some of the best Grebe shots I have seen - never mind with them doing the dance.
Looks like they were spot on with their timing as well.

Did they go the whole way and do the paddling out of the water part.

Every day I look in on our local pair with the gear to hand and nothing has been happening but today I did a flying visit ...just looked without the camera and guess what - they were both out of the water,well at it.:crying:
Dashed back for the camera and returned and they had both dived,to surface miles apart and as if nothing had ever happened....another lesson learned by me.:shrug:

Keith (y)

Great captures.

Went to my local lake today to see if I could get any pics and never saw a single grebe, let alone 2 dancing!

Heather

Jealous here ;) Our local Grebes aren't behaving for me this year. Nice set of images!

These are some of the best Grebe shots I have seen - never mind with them doing the dance.
Looks like they were spot on with their timing as well.

Did they go the whole way and do the paddling out of the water part.

Every day I look in on our local pair with the gear to hand and nothing has been happening but today I did a flying visit ...just looked without the camera and guess what - they were both out of the water,well at it.:crying:
Dashed back for the camera and returned and they had both dived,to surface miles apart and as if nothing had ever happened....another lesson learned by me.:shrug:

Keith (y)

No we just missed the running up out of the water,so we were told by one dog walker that is something i have yet to see.

stuart

Stuart, they are superb images and you should be proud to have taken them. There are 3 pairs on Elton Reservoir Bury (Saturday 24th March).

Back