Critique Green Damsel fly? ID ?

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Been out yet again and thought a walk to the ponds would be a good idea, my OH spotted this little beauty, tbh no idea on I.D.
Not the best conditions, slight overcast/sunny ish and I couldnt get the flash/camera to work together for me so the reason for the crap branch colour.
One small tube on my Tokina 100 and maybe f8 iso 200
non the less im very happy with these shots.
View attachment 38031 View attachment 38032
Thanks for looking and more on my Flickr

Really nice shots Graham especially like the second one with the wings spread open
I,m pretty sure that its not an Emerald Damselfly
Lestes sponsa as the wing spots are wrong the emerald has black wing spots yours has a white part as well I would guess southern emerald Lestes barbarus but I'm not familiar with them as we don't get them in wales

Really nice shots Graham especially like the second one with the wings spread open
Lestes sponsa as the wing spots are wrong the emerald has black wing spots yours has a white part as well I would guess southern emerald Lestes barbarus but I'm not familiar with them as we don't get them in wales
And your not in the South of France with all this sun :D:cool:

And your not in the South of France with all this sun :D:cool:

yes I'm jealous its been rubbish up here weather wise but its turned nice now and the insects are finally out up here

Just had a gander on flickr and I think your right Pete (y)

Couple of nice shots Graham, really lovely colours in this Damselfly.(y)

George.

That's a very colourful damsel, unlike any down Preston way...

Paul.
Cheers Paulo, I thought that all the good looking bugs have moved to the sunny south of France with me :D

Back