Chris S
Edit My Images
Yes
All candid

Beach4HDRWeb.jpg

Beach3.jpg

C+C welcome.

#1 for me but I love both.

Wow, number one is stunning. You should've told them afterwards, if it were my family I'd have paid you for them both!

Number 1 is great, the colour and composition work in that one for me so much more, great shot

Thank you. :)

I know the subjects. They're friends, they just didn't know I was taking the pictures so none of it is posed.

Forgot to post this one

Beach2HDRWeb.jpg

Like them both, but #1 is stunning. Great sky, reflection and composition. Where was it taken 2Thumbs?

That last one is a cracker.. looks like he/she is waiting to climb the watery steps into the sunset.... quality!

They are all excellent shots.............but No 1.......wow!!:clap::clap:

great

lovely sillhouettes in them all

super colours

number 2 for me in preference

Love them... Colour composition everything.

The extra one you posted is an absolute corker!! That is seriously one of the best photos Ive seen. Every now and then you get a picture which makes you go "wow" and this is definitely one of them. Could you please let me in on the settings/lens/camera you used for this. Well done!!

I'm almost blushing. Never had such wonderful praise before, thank you very much! :)

Canon EOS 20D with 18-55mm IS lens. Handheld, Aperture Priority with f/8 and 100/200 ISO.

The first and last have been PP'd with HDR as a tone enhancer to bring out the colour of the sky and darken the silhouettes.

I'm just wondering why one wasn't entered into the photography competition for this month!
Brilliant! As everyone else has said, #1 is just great. :)

I didn't realise what the competition was until after I posted this thread.

I don't come on here very often usually.

The first shot is excellent. Great colours in the sky and the silhouettes add some interest too.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but the curved horizon in the first is a real distraction, and in the second it's on a slope.

Good images let down by either lens distortion or unfinished pp.

Not at all bothered by a curved Horizon as they are curved in reality.

Sloping ones are easy to correct and is just a detail to be sorted?
Life is too short to be pedantic.

It is worth getting a copy of PTLens to correct this sort of problem.... quicker and more automatic than photoshop.

As Terry said, the earth's curved 'as standard'. Unless you're one of those types that think it's flat. ;)

TBH I never realised that the horizon in the second shot was off-level.

A curved earth? No way it's flat, surely? :)

Galileo was persecuted by a certian religious group for suggesting that the world was round, and the Pope apologized to Galileo - in 1992, some 350 years after his death!

lol. Oh jebus don't get me started on the flat earth idiots. I even signed up to the flat earth society forum just to argue with them. They have some very odd ideas about physics. Very odd indeed. I urge you all to join up and argue in a futile but amusing attempt to change their silly little minds. :p

even if its against idiots trolling is bad :p

lovely set, #1 and #3 for me, 2 doesn't do it so much. I didn't really notice the curved horizon even after it was mentioned

Wow,
Am I allowed to just '+1'
Everything has been said.

Back