grown up cheetah cubs

Edit My Images
Yes
I normally spend the summer chasing bugs but we went to the zoo today to see how the cheetah cubs were doing
they are pretty much grown up now:)

second shot is a 3 shot focus stack I couldn't get them in focus in one shot

there's a baby tapir too, really cute but I didn't manage any photos

14862507725_c91639bf3d_c.jpg

14860058414_8bdb690edc_c.jpg

Lovely pair of shots Pete (y)

Very nice Pete (y)

(Even if you did cheat :p)

Thanks newtome and Chris :)
I always cheat!!:D

Both really lovely images.

Gorgeous creatures! Very well captured. Would liked to have seen a wider frame to the right on #1 perhaps.

Pete superb shots really like both. Hopefully with 150-500 mm might be able to get closer to the ones at Whipsnade. :)

Gorgeous creatures! Very well captured. Would liked to have seen a wider frame to the right on #1 perhaps.

Thanks very much appreciated:)
see what you mean it is a bit tight in the frame, I was on my 300 2.8 so couldn't go a bit wider

Pete superb shots really like both. Hopefully with 150-500 mm might be able to get closer to the ones at Whipsnade. :)

Thanks very much Bryn
clear.png

good luck at Whipsnade
Cheetahs are my favourite big cat so looking forward to seeing your shots

Awww Pete, still very cute, I love them with the fluffy backs :love:
You caught them looking really relaxed, 2nd is my fav :D

Thanks very much Ingrid :)
Yes they are still cute they are pretty much full grown now but still play together and with mum cheetah

I managed to re edit the first one, I found another shot that was taken more to the right and combined them both:)

14950326786_5aa8924e4e_c.jpg

TBH Pete, I prefer the first image, this one looks a little "bright"
I won't say over exposed as the whites are intact (y)

TBH Pete, I prefer the first image, this one looks a little "bright"
I won't say over exposed as the whites are intact (y)
see what you mean I reconverted the raw and forgot to darken it a touch ( I always over expose by a smidgin and bring it back)

have darkened it a touch although its still a little bright will have another go when I get time :)

14970292151_7a7b6111cf_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back