Guitars and giggles

Name
Charlotte
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't shared for a while, so here are some recent pictures I've taken with the Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8. I really enjoy using this lens. Critique is welcome!
5909976692_370ac4cdd6_b.jpg

5910251892_c8581f67a5_b.jpg

5909679399_986754960c_b.jpg

5909689245_931638376d_b.jpg

5909697603_57e1087b94_b.jpg

All really lovely shots, and nice vintage processing too.

#1 is the top shot for me. Love it!

Thank you, Jerry, for your kind words. It's good to hear feedback like that about the processing as sometimes I can't tell if I've overdone it or not. As for the first being good, the credit goes to my terrific subject. :) He's a great little fellow with lots of personality that shows in pictures.

Great shots. I especially like number one. It's a cracking lens isn't it? Picked one up on Tuesday and I love it :)

Very nice shots indeed and I also like the processing that you have done.

lovely, and really nice processing too.

1 and 5 are my favourites, great shots.

Hi Charlotte, I like the processing in the first two pictures, but I feel that you need to watch your backgrounds more, the white chair in pic 4 is very distracting and you need to clone out the dirty marks. Picture 5 needs to be shot with a more shallow DOF to throw the distracting branch out of focus. The expression on the child's face needs to be worked on in pic 2 and maybe shot from a lower angle. I think that if you are going to apply the rule of thirds to your pictures you have to make your background work for you.

Thanks for posting
Rob

Thanks Rob, for that great critique! You are absolutely right. Some of these backgrounds are pretty distracting. I was lazy that day, shooting in my front and back yard instead of finding a less cluttered spot.
Thanks again!

4 & 5 are classic, we have just bought a junior guitar as a prop, only £8 ($12), I shall be posting the pic next week.
I agree with the dirty chair remark, you can easily photo shop them out.
I take it these children are yours, if so you will have many happy hours snapping them as they grow. They decline at 13-14 :LOL:

Thanks you Bri!
No, they're not actually my children. :) They're my cousins.
I'll be watching for the picture you mentioned posting!

Back