Gun Dogs

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to watch some gun dog training classes on Sunday, unfortunately I had a bit of a mare with my camera settings :thinking: but here are 4 from 140 that I am reasonably happy with :|

gsp6.jpg

gsp7.jpg

gsp16.jpg

gsp21.jpg

C&C welcome

Paul

Went to watch some gun dog training classes on Sunday, unfortunately I had a bit of a mare with my camera settings :thinking: C&C welcome

Paul

I see from the EXIF that you shoot shutter priority.
(Can be useful for fast moving "objects")
Have you thought about using full manual?
It might make it a bit easier to get " just the right one" ;)

Having said that not a bad set (y)
The Spaniel could do with a tweak to lighten the face / eyes a tad
Not a lot wrong with #2 though (y)

I see from the EXIF that you shoot shutter priority.
(Can be useful for fast moving "objects")
Have you thought about using full manual?
It might make it a bit easier to get " just the right one" ;)

Having said that not a bad set (y)
The Spaniel could do with a tweak to lighten the face / eyes a tad
Not a lot wrong with #2 though (y)

I have been using manual but thought it might give me better results using shutter priority should have really stuck to my instincts :bang:

love no 1, and 2 is a corker - you can't beat that lovely smiley look from a whp :)

I have been using manual but thought it might give me better results using shutter priority should have really stuck to my instincts :bang:

:LOL: 'Tis always the way
Sod's law they call it :D

Nice pictures of my favourite subject, gundogs.

Don't want to seem as if I'm being picky on my first post, but, I'm pretty certain pic no2 is a Wire Haired Viszla, not a German Wire Haired Pointer.

No 3, of the Italian Spinone, is very nice.

When I've figured out how to post pictures, I'll put a couple of my pictures on here.

Andrew

I grew up with WHPs - including a litter so am VERY biased. #4 makes me smile as it looks like the "sausage" is going in at one end and out at the other at the same time.

Nice pictures of my favourite subject, gundogs.

Don't want to seem as if I'm being picky on my first post, but, I'm pretty certain pic no2 is a Wire Haired Viszla, not a German Wire Haired Pointer.

No 3, of the Italian Spinone, is very nice.

When I've figured out how to post pictures, I'll put a couple of my pictures on here.

Andrew

I was guessing that no. 2 was a spinone, too, but the color was throwing me off. I've hunted behind a friends spinones, and my wirehaired pointing griffon, and generally love these wirehaired dogs in the field (and in the house.)

Back