Gym shoot

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Was invited along by a friend to help shoot a gym last night. There were lots of flashing lights and colours everywhere that i didn't really know how was best to deal with them. :confused:

So, looking for a few pointers and critique.

Thankyou Please. :D

Funktion Gym - Derby
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Funktion Gym - Derby

Funktion Gym - Derby

#4 - Wish i'd took the time to spin the bags or sway them a little in this shot as the exposure was nice and long. Meh!

Funktion Gym - Derby

Funktion Gym - Derby

Funktion Gym - Derby

Funktion Gym - Derby

#8 Motivational Quote... :LOL:

Funktion Gym - Derby

Last edited:
For me 4,5 6 are the best as don't suffer from colour overload/excessive tints - although one or two tinted ones in a larger collection would probably be ok.

More to the point what feeling do you/ requester want to achieve?

In my view, would be better with people in them too but I realise that can be difficult - especially as to make it welcoming to all-comers you might need to include people who aren't all young fit and beautiful:) (speaking as someone who is none of those:))

Thanks Chris. The owner wanted bright and colourful but like I said I wasn't really sure how to go about it. The led lamps were constantly changing so it was difficult to get a shot without it just ending up grey.

I too wanted people in it but the owner wanted it done when it was shut.

If you look at #2 there are a few people still there so I got a ninja style shot and with it being a long exposure it's had a nice effect imo with the movement etc. Would have loved 15 people in there to work with.

Back