Had an hour in the hide

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
There was quite a wind blowing so it was hard getting anything staying still as the branches were all swaying about.
No1 Blackbird in the shrubbery.
Blackbird4.jpg

No 2 Pheasant
Pheasant_11.jpg

No3 Blue Tit
Blue_Tit_11.jpg

No4 Coal Tit. Wish he would turn round!
Coal_Tit1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed & thanks for looking.

Nice to see the hide paying off.

Both tits are crackers (Ooooh missus!) but the Coal Tit is great - they're a real challenge. (y)

Love No 3. As asked what kit did you use?

Thanks for all the comments. I must be getting better as the great master himself seems to like my Tit shots. Cheers CT.
As to the gear. Its a Nikon D300 at 800iso coupled to an old Nikon 300mm f4. I am taking these at between 5 & 6 feet. I can stand outside the hide & touch the end of the lens with one had & that perch with the other & I am not really at full stretch. Hope that helps. I can take an outside shot of the setup if you want to see it.

3 & 4 are the pick, and the catchlight in their eyes add to the images.

Amazing blue tit, but the coal tit steals the show for me. Good job on the hide.

cheers jason

Great shots Charlie, the feather detail is amazing.

Great pair of tits there. They really stand out in the cold dont they. Top notch shots!

:D
:exit:

Excellent (y)
I love all 4 of the shots, the blackbird shot really captures the texture of its feathers. Well done!!!

Agree with all said.

Blue tit just nicks it for me. Well done.

Agree with everyone on the tit shot's :clap: The Coal Tit is a corker (y)

*** no bunnies for me this time :(

Great shots, The Blue tit and Coal tit are :love: :love: :love:

Hi Charlie,

excellent shots but for me the Coal Tit wins it as I know how hard they are to capture, out of 1000's of shots I have taken I have only 3 shots of one so well done.

Mike.

Mikeyb Thanks. They are a bit difficult but the Pheasant was harder yesterday as Dunedin told me to take pity on it & give it some grain. I did & it wouldnt hold its head still!

Krazy horse
I will take a few pics of the set up but it may take a day or two

Krazy horse
I will take a few pics of the set up but it may take a day or two

I'm patient don't worry...

One thing i have found with my "hide" in my garden is that they can actually hear the shutter of my camera (D200), and when they do they scarper, my feeding station is only about 3 metres from where i am, is there any way i can dampen the sound at all?

JB

I'm patient don't worry...

One thing i have found with my "hide" in my garden is that they can actually hear the shutter of my camera (D200), and when they do they scarper, my feeding station is only about 3 metres from where i am, is there any way i can dampen the sound at all?

JB

Well I am shooting between 1.5 & 2 meters & yes the birds were originally startled but first the Long Tailed Tits then the Blue ignored me now the only really shy one is the Robin. Then again maybe the size of my hide dampens the shutter noise down a bit anyway.

Back