Hadrian's Wall Sunset, Part 2

Name
Steve Webb
Edit My Images
Yes
After a day of cloud in October, I almost didn't get these. About an hour before sunset I noticed some breaks to the west so rushed up to the top on Winshield Crag hoping the effort would be worth it, and I wasn't wrong. Just wish I;d gone back to the car and got the tripod first.

Sunset 01 by Stephen Webb, on Flickr

Hadrian's Wall Sunset 01 by Stephen Webb, on Flickr

Hadrian's Wall Sunset 02 by Stephen Webb, on Flickr

Winshield Crags by Stephen Webb, on Flickr

Winshield Crags by Stephen Webb, on Flickr

Very nice set of landscape style captures Steve, with some beautiful colours & light.

Very nice any advice about how to take photos like these? Mine didn't look like that (although the water was awful, which didn't help).

Very nice any advice about how to take photos like these? Mine didn't look like that (although the water was awful, which didn't help).
tbh I actually mucked these up big time, I didn't take the tripod with me so had to hand hold and do a lot of work in Lightroom when I got back. What I should have done was bracketed the shots with separate exposures of the foreground and sky then blended them, or, used a graduated filter. I didn't, however, use any presets, sky replacements, or AI, simply used masks to edit the foreground and sky separately and hoped for the best.

Back