Hagley camera club

Name
gareth fox
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys just wanted to ask if anyone on here went to the Hagley camera club thinking of joining myself. Going to try and pop in to one of their evening meets

I never knew there was a camera club in Hagley. Only a few miles from me so would welcome some feedback too.

Didn't get chance to go last night as my 5 month old daughter decided to get herself messy and need a bath and I had to call in to work at 8 so hang around home to help the wife.

Going to get there next week
Well that's the plan

Hagley is just down the road from me, it's actually closer to me than the club for the town I live in, but i'd decided to avoid the it because I know the sort of people that live in that area. It's very "pretend middle class", lot's of hire purchased BMWs/Mercs/etc and wallets fat with credit cards, people around there can be very cliquey, snooty and unwelcoming.

To be fair the club probably draws in more people from further afield and most likely has a nice mix of people, so go ahead and give em a go.
But as a peace loving individual with a short fuse for people who think they can peer down their nose at others, I tend to avoid even the remote possibility of running into people i'd want to punch :p

Last edited:
...it's very "pretend middle class"...cliquey, snooty and unwelcoming......I tend to avoid even the remote possibility of running into people i'd want to punch :p

Sounds like I need to give it a miss too. I imagine I'd be sneered at if I turned up with anything other than a 5D3 or 1DX (unless they hate Canon). I have to deal with pretentious people at work and I'd rather not face the same at home too.

Sounds like I need to give it a miss too. I imagine I'd be sneered at if I turned up with anything other than a 5D3 or 1DX (unless they hate Canon). I have to deal with pretentious people at work and I'd rather not face the same at home too.

It should be noted that my comments refer to Hagley as a town and the people i've had the misfortune to encounter.
I can't comment on the camera club at all and my assumptions could be unfair.

But as a peace loving individual with a short fuse for people who think they can peer down their nose at others, I tend to avoid even the remote possibility of running into people i'd want to punch :p

Is that a bit of a contradiction?
I have gone many years (decades actually) without running into people I would like to "punch".
If you feel that a local camera club will bring out these feelings, then perhaps it is you that has the problem?

I have gone many years (decades actually) without running into people I would like to "punch".
If you feel that a local camera club will bring out these feelings, then perhaps it is you that has the problem?
He was referring to the area rather than the camera club. There are people in this world who will wind you up (unless you have the patience of a saint). There's also a huge difference between feeling like you want to punch someone and actually doing it. Certainly if it were the latter, I'd agree with issues over self-control.

Hagley is just down the road from me, it's actually closer to me than the club for the town I live in, but i'd decided to avoid the it because I know the sort of people that live in that area. It's very "pretend middle class", lot's of hire purchased BMWs/Mercs/etc and wallets fat with credit cards, people around there can be very cliquey, snooty and unwelcoming.

:p

sounds like a camera club lol

Think of a town/village where everyone you meet is self entitled and up their own ar$e, think of a town full of Sarah Duncans.

As I say, I am a peace loving person, but nothing gets on my nerves more than people who wrongly assume themselves to be better and more important than everyone else.

Think of a town/village where everyone you meet is self entitled and up their own ar$e, think of a town full of Sarah Duncans.

As I say, I am a peace loving person, but nothing gets on my nerves more than people who wrongly assume themselves to be better and more important than everyone else.

You of course have placed yourself on a pedestal above the people of Hagley.
I don't know anyone from Hagley, but if I lived near there and was interested in joining a camera club, then I wouldn't hesitate in going along, rather than having preconceived ideas of what it may or may not be like.

You of course have placed yourself on a pedestal above the people of Hagley.

Not really, we all **** out of the same hole and none of us can lick our own elbow :D

I have no preconceived ideas of the club, it could be great. But I do have a fact and experience based view of the area and a lot of it's people. If I were considering going to a club, i'd rather be warned in advance, than turn up and be on the back foot the whole time.

Dont knock it till you tried it, if its full of ******s get up and walk out simples... imo, does that mean you dont drink in west one or the Littleton lol lol

Back