Hair: SB-900 through grid spot

129.jpg

128.jpg

127.jpg

125.jpg

124.jpg

123.jpg

122.jpg

Carrie and Emma did a fantastic job on hair and make-up!

Last edited:
Brilliant set. I had made my mind up that #2 was my favourite until I came to #7! Love them. Well done

nice shots and nice subject.

I like no.1 and 2.

The ONLY thing I noticed was the shadow by her nose distracts me slightly but thats hardly a criticism but something I noticed in my opinion.

Nice shots

#7 is the pick for me. Not knowing about this type of photography, I have a question. Given that the images are for a hairdressing competition, should the entire hairdo be in the image? I'd have thought that cropping off bits of hair would be a no no; happy to be wrong.

De-Lush is one of the category trends in Wella's Trend Vision competition !

Yes indeed - we'd been referring to it as the Trend Vision competition, I was only aware of the De-Lush style post shoot :)

Have you shot for the competition (or similar)?

Thanks Trappe.

Andy: used the background as a large flag; had to block a (very) nearby window. Handy piece of equipment! :)

Last edited:
Oh boy!

I absolutely love this set.

A lesson in what can be done with off camera flash.

Very, very well done. :)

1 and 5 for me....well done

I love the conversions you've done to these.. care to share your post processing?

I like em, only BIG niggle is lopping off the top of her head. Why was she bald?

I like em, only BIG niggle is lopping off the top of her head. Why was she bald?

Haha! I've cropped since I'm a fan of the style when viewing digital, adds to the composition and draws more focus to the eyes (of course that's subjective, I wouldn't expect you to agree).

The final print shots are not cropped in such a manner.

Madferrit - I may be writing some tutorials soon (soon being next month or so).

Really nice set. Not to keen on the eye double catchlights.

Back