Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
This is what I'll probably look like in the afterlife.:runaway:

halloween.jpg~original

As well as my D7000, I used a EF 610 flashgun with a softlight box attached to it to try and keep those sharp shadows on myself to a minimum, or at least soften them - and then just merely greyscaled the image, turned it into as a negative and finally added a green hue to it.

Last edited:
Nice one! Thats really effective. Maybe next time (if there is a next time) you could take a shot of some smoke from a insence stick and give it the same treatment, then add it to your ghostly portrait for that full on floaty ghost look :)

Nice one! Thats really effective. Maybe next time (if there is a next time) you could take a shot of some smoke from a insence stick and give it the same treatment, then add it to your ghostly portrait for that full on floaty ghost look :)

Or perhaps using the couple of battery-operated light strings I have on me. Something to chew on for next year. :D

That's ace Ian! good to see you get in to the spirit:D

That's something a bit different Ian. I like the effect you've got very much and the blurb about how you did it.(y)

George.

That's something a bit different Ian. I like the effect you've got very much and the blurb about how you did it.(y)

George.

:) Sometimes the simple ideas are the best ones.

The one bit I did go a little wrong was that I used joke false teeth for that extra effect but because it was white, it then turned black in the conversion to negative and it didn't look right in the final image so I did a slight bit of touching up around that.

First glance I dismissed it, but after looking at it again it grabbed my attention to detail and lighting.
So a (y) from me.. Almost x-ray, perhaps you could ad ribs? ;)

Good work :clap:

First glance I dismissed it, but after looking at it again it grabbed my attention to detail and lighting.
So a (y) from me.. Almost x-ray, perhaps you could ad ribs? ;)

Good work :clap:

It's like an image produced by an electron microscope. Thanks for taking the effort to look into it. :)

Awww, I didn't think I'd get this much response as it isn't exactly a novel idea. But it seems that the old 'uns are the best 'uns. Perhaps it's where I have got the face for it.

It's far more scary if you invert it back to a positive :)

It's far more scary if you invert it back to a positive :)

:D

Actually, I've got a confession to make. I really scrunched up my face and neck to get the best looking effect (I am a bit of a natural gurner) that I pulled a muscle on the side of the neck and ended up looking like the evil aquaphibian from Stingray for the rest of the day.

Back