Hama, Sandisk, Kingston E620 CF

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm looking to buy some CF cards for my first SLR - an E620 I plan to order shortly.

Going on hols for 2 weeks I figure I need at least 8Gb storage, more like 12 or 16. planning to shoot in superfine.

I'd previously planned to go for the sandisk extreme III 30 Mb/s cards as a good brand (not from ebay!), and probably the sweet spot in terms of performance without going over the top on 300x udma cards.

I noticed mymemory.co.uk have a HAMA 200x 8Gb card for 15.25 which startes 30 MB/s. That's very respectable. Has anyone used HAMA cards -- are they any good. Amazon also have them. Less worried if a little slower, but needs to be reliable...
I've also seen they have Kingston 4Gb ultimate 266X for 20.99 at 40-45 MB/s

Either of these good purchases?

Prices in UKP

Depends on what your camera will support as to the size you can buy. I've always stuck with Sandisk, Hama are a known make, so I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems, as are Kingston. (y)

I would also possibly buy a few smaller cards rather than 1 or 2 large ones, just in case something happens to the card whilst your away - less pics to loose (y)

If you want 8gb cards, the Kingston Elite Pro (133x Write Speed And Upto 25mb/second Read) is a good value for money buy. I get mine from Ebuyer.com. The direct link is http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159043. I have bought thousands of pounds of stuff from Ebuyer and have never been let down.

Just hoping someone may have tried them. Should be ok, and list as 200x / 30 MBps. doesn't clarify that's write, although other hama cards also only list the write speed, so should be ok.

*should* be same speed as sandisk IIIs for a fair bit less. Also hama did have an agreement on cards with sandisk, so it's possible they could be made by them -- but I can't say with any level of certainty.

I've just received two of these cards from MyMemory and they are fantastic value. I had originally bought a Kingston 133x Pro 8GB card which was incompatable with my Fuji S5 Pro. Kept coming up 'card read error' on playback and a quick google search revealed that this was a common problem with this card in the S5 Pro. However the Hama 200x 8GB card works fine and I am really happy with it. Had ordered only two with the thought of returning them if they did not work in my camera but now wish I had bought four. Just my luck the price has went back up to £20.99 now. Still great value at this price.

Thanks... if you happen to check out any read/write speeds (any device).

Eek missed the 15 ukp for 8Gb, but amazon still have them too, and the 16Gb is good value too.

SanDisk always and forever for me. Never once had a SanDisk fail, but had numerous lesser makes fail.

Back