Hand feeding a Red Squirrel at Formby

Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day at Formby last Sunday, first chance I've had to sort through my images, both my wife & daughter managed to hand feed them, never seen it done before, they're so timid, on nut & they're away. :)

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_21721.jpg

IMG_2160-cropped.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks all for your kind comments, yes, that's Amy's fav hat, it's been seen many times around the fells of the Lake District, got to look fashionable you know... :)

Hi Simon, yes we were very lucky to get these shots, particularly as it was mid afternoon & not really quite (loads of people around), was very close to normal squirrel walk, just after second loop, you can follow path past open field on the right, then bear left, normally quite a few people there, they've recently cut a few trees down there, good luck.
you can imagine how excited my wife & daughter were to feed them. :)

Beautiful shots! Must have been really a great feeling to hand-feed these lovely animals!:p

How wonderful.

I can't believe how close people seem to get to the reds at Formby. From other peoples postings it seems a great place for wildlife.

They seem tamer than our hamster!! That's not difficult though, she's nasty.

Andrea

Cracking pics, and a groovy hat! (If my daughters see the hat i'll be forced to buy them one! :) )

Possible TPF meet location, then on to southport? :shrug:

Here's a few taken by my daughter Amy with her 400D (recently bought from Steve off TP sales) with EF 28-200, she wants to know when she can join TP, she's 8 (but very nearly 9), been togging since she got a point & shoot Nikon for her 3rd birthday, often shows me how to do it properly !

IMG_0646-Amys.jpg

IMG_0640-Amys.jpg

IMG_0686-Amys.jpg

Was very fortunate on Friday to experience hand feeding them, great feeling getting that close . Great photo's by the way. Also well done Amy (y)

Cool! More pictures!!!!!!! They are really something!!!!!!

Back