Happy and Disappointed!

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
Set off early this morning for my quest to get a Dartford Warbler. At last I managed to see one, but the light was so poor I had to push the ISO up to 1600 to get a half decent shutter speed.

Just looked through the photos, and the really sharp ones seem to be a rear view of the bird! The others have various twigs etc in the way.
So another trip is in order to see if I can get some better quality shots.

At last I have got one though!

Not very good, but it is the best I could manage.

IMG_0710_edited-1red_filtered.jpg

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, a very elusive little fellow, I really like it

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, a very elusive little fellow, I really like it

Perhaps Steve!
But I see the other posts of this bird, and mine falls some what short of those.

perhaps camera shake, too slow shutter speed :shrug: the bramble looks sharp enough

where abouts did you find it ?

you got a picture of the bird you wanted wether it's as good as somebody elses does it really matter, it's a picture you took and should be proud to have got it.

Well done on that Dougie, all good things come to he who wait`s :D You might be disappointed with the shot but I bet the Adrenalin is pumping now to go and better it (y) Had a little play with this one, hope you do not mind and will remove if you wish.

IMG_0710_edited-1red_filtered_filtered.jpg

I hand hold all my shots with the Sigma 150-500, normally with no problem, but when I saw it, my arms felt like jelly, so I am partly to blame. The sun was up, but it was in a real shady place.

Still feeling excited even now about seeing one. Next time I will be better prepared!

They are hard too find..its a decent photograph so dont be too harsh on yourself..at least you have seen a Darty..alot of people havent..;)

Back