Harewood Hillclimb

Edit My Images
Yes
Just back from the Harewood Hillclimb.... and glad to be alive.

A Westfield decided to kill me.

He came into the Farmhouse corner a little too fast.....

KX7G0537a.jpg

Ran slightly wide.

KX7G0538a.jpg

Hit the gravel.

KX7G0540a.jpg

Threw all sorts of gravel and muck towards me and several fellow photogs.

KX7G0541a.jpg

Then decided to barrel rolls towards us.

KX7G0542a.jpg

KX7G0543a.jpg

So I ran away without a decent shot of it.

KX7G0544a.jpg

All the spectators and fellow photogs fell over each other to get clear and the car landed on the fence about 6inch away from where id been stood.

I will start sorting through the other photos ive taken today, hopefully ill post back here if I find anything decent, if anyone else got the crash from a differant angle id love to see them, im hoping my mate who was filming with his XL2 got it as it will have looked spectacular from a differant viewpoint.

I didnt get any more shots after this, as tbh I was slightly traumatised by the situation, made me realise that the safety at the track is pathetic compared to any other event ive attended.

Should really add, the driver walked away uninjured, the 2 right hand alloys were badly damaged and the tyres ripped off the rims, the marshalls didnt more damage to the car recovering it off the fence than the driver did putting it there.

Better you ran!! In motorsports it's a huge risk, anything can happen and you never know how and where the car will stop.

Nice shots Dreeder (y)
I did'nt see this I'm afraid as I left at lunchtime cos it was a bit boring TBH :shrug:
Maybe I should have stopped it would have been nice to capture all the photogs running :D

Better you ran!! In motorsports it's a huge risk, anything can happen and you never know how and where the car will stop.

This is why I always prefer to be on the inside of a bend, that way the car should rol away from you. should.

Aye, I usually try to position myself on the inside of a corner, overall im happy I was stood there as im happy with some of the shots ive got from there, but, I suppose safety should come first.

KX7G0433a.jpg

I arrived at 10am and was bored by Lunch also, the red flag situation got annoying, loads of loons on the track kept dumping it bring proceeding to a halt for 10mins at a time. I looked around the Classics and was disappointed with the lack of many "Classics"

... I looked around the Classics and was disappointed with the lack of many "Classics"

Yup, I see there was a Rover Metro in the 80s classics class :shrug: :D
There were a few nice E-Types, Jensens, MGs etc though.

Yes, the number of stoppages was a bit of a turn off :thumbsdown:

Glad you're okay, scary when you see something like that coming towards you :eek:

Ive uploaded 76 to my Gallery, dont want to spam them all in here, so if anyone could please have a browse through, pic out any to critic id be very appreciatative. Please check past the first page, I need to randomise them as they are all uploaded in order so the viewpoints get repetative.

http://www.dreederuk.com/Gallery/Harewood-Speed-Hillclimb-Sept-06

Thanks in advance, Darryn.

Lots of nice shots in your Harewood hillclimb gallery, I know its difficult not to get too repetitive when shooting at events like this. I think you've got a good selection of angles and types there. I took a few shots myself on the day, and I got fed up looking at my own shots :LOL: :shrug:
However, 2 of your shots stood out - KX7G0302.jpg (front view of old formula ford type car) - pin sharp, great exposure and colours...oh and also one of my favourite cars of the day(y) , plus also KX7G9987.jpg (Porsche going through the esses) - nice angle, showing the path the car had taken...plus I love 911's (y)

Rich

Class shots i'm sure i would have been dropping the camera and running buy then :LOL:

Nah, ive dropped this camera before, £250 later, ive learnt to NEVER drop it again...

A guy who was stood just around the corner from me has posted some much better images here

yikes lucky Darryn, your mates shots add to the tale nicely

Back