Harry Potter's Train.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Out for a wee run yesterday, just past Faslane, when I spotted a couple of togs waiting at the side of a bridge.

They were waiting for a train taking "Harry Potter's" train and carriages up to Fort William for the start of its season.

Unusually for me, I took these in Raw for a wee change.

IMG_9869wee8.jpg

IMG_9872wee8.jpg

No 1 does it for me, really looks you captured the era as well as the train in that shot. Bravo.

i am sorry to say the 2 locos at the head of the train is not the harry potter loco as the harry potter train is 5972 Olton Hall

i am sorry to say the 2 locos at the head of the train is not the harry potter loco as the harry potter train is 5972 Olton Hall

Agree with above!

To be honest I think it is actually the Jacobite that is being double headed.
That aside, #1 is a cracking shot.

Out for a wee run yesterday, just past Faslane, when I spotted a couple of togs waiting at the side of a bridge.

They were waiting for a train taking "Harry Potter's" train and carriages up to Fort William for the start of its season.

Don't think the OP said it was The Harry Potter train?:shrug:, rather the train taking the Harry Potter train

And lovely shot's too, no 1 for me(y)

Last edited:
Good effort on no1, no2 I am afraid is a bin shot for me. Only thing would say on no 1 is the exhaust from the safety valves is very blown out, really difficult to get right when they do that as you will have exposed for the dark train and then that happens. But none the less a good effort.

Don't think the OP said it was The Harry Potter train?:shrug:, rather the train taking the Harry Potter train

Without digressing to much here, to clarify, the engine in front is a normal black 5. The engine and coaches it is heading is the "Jacobite Steam Train". Even though the coaches are the same as those used in Harry Potter, this is not the Harry Potter train.

Its the same as the Glenfinnan Viaduct, its name is just that, it is not called the Harry Potter bridge as some people suggest it is called, but that is digressing extremely ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Without digressing to much here, to clarify, the engine in front is a normal black 5. The engine and coaches it is heading is the "Jacobite Steam Train". Even though the coaches are the same as those used in Harry Potter, this is not the Harry Potter train.

;)

Ah, I see
Thanks for explaining(y)

Back