Beginner Hartland

Name
Barrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Well excuse me being a newbie to landscapes but went out with my D7000 and 24-120 F4 as my D750 is currently back with nikon and had a go at a sunset which was great fun, my daughter and good friend Paul tagged along Paul with his D810 and Jessica acting as a pack mule for us both I had such a good time I thought I'd tentatively submit a couple of shots for critique but be gentle

we started off with a few bluebells at Brownsham woods and then went to Hartland point to the lighthouse which you can only see from either the water or from above unfortunately then on to Hartland Quay
Brownsham -2459.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Brownsham -2454.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Hartland point-2483.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Hartland point-2486.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Hartland Quay-2554.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Hartland Quay-2556-HDR.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

The best images are the last 2 (last one more specifically). They overall have a pleasing balance of colour and tones. The composition is reasonable but it could be made more dramatic by getting closer to rocks and to the water. The horizon is slightly tilting.

The others while technically sound need a better light (early morning / late evening sunlight to be more specific). The bluebell shots could do with a different composition or location to lose the twigs and bramble and make them more dynamic.

Last edited:
The best images are the last 2 (last one more specifically). They overall have a pleasing balance of colour and tones. The composition is reasonable but it could be made more dramatic by getting closer to rocks and to the water. The horizon is slightly tilting.

The others while technically sound need a better light (early morning / late evening sunlight to be more specific). The bluebell shots could do with a different composition or location to lose the twigs and bramble and make them more dynamic.

so effectively like with this crop? and thank you for your input

Hartland Quay-2556-HDR-2.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back