Hartlepool Tall Ships 2010

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Final day of the event today with the ships leaving parade.

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Thanks for comment Marcus. TBH there is little processing done on the sky, it was a strange day weatherwise when I took these, dodging heavy rain one minute then bright blue sky not long after. Is there a particular filter I could use to tone down the sky in shots like these?

Thanks for comment Marcus. TBH there is little processing done on the sky, it was a strange day weatherwise when I took these, dodging heavy rain one minute then bright blue sky not long after. Is there a particular filter I could use to tone down the sky in shots like these?

You've been unlucky with the position you chose.

The cloud was blowing out to sea, meaning that standing over on the Headland as you seem to be, you were always going to have clouds blowing across your shot.

I was over on the Front at Seaton and occasionally got lucky with blue skies, but usually the standard Hartlepool slate grey which still shows the rigging off nicely. It was a trade-off on the day. Being on the Headland got you closer to the ships, but being at Seaton got you clearer skies. There was no "perfect" spot unless you were out at sea.

I know someone who was on a VIP Jolly (via work) on the Stad Amsterdam and the captain told them if he raised the sails they'd never be seen again due to the wind.

I might post a few of mine later if i can be bothered to re-size them for here. :)

It was a strange day weather wise. Quite a few on the Headland were disappointed that they didn't raise the sails, but were put right by an ole sea-fairing dog who was watching. I went to Headland as there were places quicker to run too when the rain came :LOL:

Back