Harvester at Sunset

Looks very nice, love particularly the thin cloud formation or is it the smoke coming out from the harvester?
The only little thing I would have liked to do is control the highlights that have been clipped a bit, at least in my monitor. But I could be wrong so better hear other members comments.
Thanks for displaying, its really a nice looking image. I can see why you were after one of these moments to capture

lovely. have you put a texture behind the photo or is that just a heat haze? the clouds look slightly odd.. thus asking about background... :)

Lovely. We broke down on the M1 on Thursday night near to Trowell services and I caught the fiercest orange sunset behind a field being harvested by a combine. The dust thrown up exaggerated the colours of the sunset and made for a beautiful scene but, armed only with my phone, I was unable to capture the essence of the moment.

lovely. have you put a texture behind the photo or is that just a heat haze? the clouds look slightly odd.. thus asking about background... :)

It`s dust from the crop, wheat, ? look at the back of the combine and you can see the dust.

I`ve never tried photographing a combine at sunset, I like it.

Thanks for the comments, i'm pleased you all like it:):)

Stokes its just as it was taken. The wind had recently changed, thats what caused the strange cloud shapes (I think)

zulupentax, I'm not really sure what you mean by highlights? :thinking:

Poacher, yes its wheat, very dry and dusty too ;)

Last edited:
Back