Harvestman, new edit:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Taken last year, but I have re-edit the shot differently and added my new border action frame. :)

1080harvest.jpg

Paul.

Oh that is quite horrific- but for a good reason ;)
The angle of the photo really draws your eye in to the little beastie, what on earth is it ??

I like what you've done with it though (y)

Harvestmen are not spiders first and foremost. They are of the order Opilione. It's difficult to describe harvestmen without making comparisons to spiders. Harvestmen do look like spiders. They have eight legs, two palps, and like spiders they are carnivorous, but the similarities end there. Harvestmen don't spin webs and they don't produce venom and there are over twenty different species living in the U.K. Most of them are only active at night.

I think I remember the original but can you please share so I can see the difference! ;)

@Tintin124 These were the original two I did from that session.

1080opilione2.jpg

1080opilione1-Edit.jpg

Paul.

The first shot re-edit is very nice Paul it looks to me a little sharper, but having said that the other two are also very good.(y)

George.

The first shot re-edit is very nice Paul it looks to me a little sharper, but having said that the other two are also very good.(y)

George.

Thanks George.

Aside from a new showing of the creature, I was running the first photo using my updated framing action I made.

The border is an action I created in Photoshop, which took a lot of working on by an Australian friend to teach me how to get it right, and to add the bits into the action that I couldn't get my head around myself. The original action I have used in one format or another for a long time, but now I have it finally saved as one I can now run at the touch of a button and that I can also edit parts of, should I want to change the effects (stroke size, colour of stroke, fill content and opacities etc!)

Paul.

Edit is nice and warm not sure on the composition or angle of shot for my preferences I look at it tilting my head.

A border is a border to me! Very suited to you I think

Edit is nice and warm not sure on the composition or angle of shot for my preferences I look at it tilting my head.

So the angle makes you study it then. Job done. It's the creative angle that pulls the eyes (or head in your case) to give it some extra impact.

A border is a border to me! Very suited to you I think

It gives my images a touch of something different that is not too obtrusive, but easy on the eye as it does it job.

Cheers m8.

Paul.

Thanks George.
The border is an action I created in Photoshop, which took a lot of working on by an Australian friend to teach me how to get it right, and to add the bits into the action that I couldn't get my head around myself. The original action I have used in one format or another for a long time, but now I have it finally saved as one I can now run at the touch of a button and that I can also edit parts of, should I want to change the effects (stroke size, colour of stroke, fill content and opacities etc!)

Paul.

Thanks for that Paul, The action technique is something I use quite a bit for some of the other parts of my photography PP. If it's something you use on a regular basis then it can save one hell of a lot of time in PP.

Another thing that I do should you be interested, is make brushes up in PS of things that I want put on shots in exactly the right place, size & angle.

For instance copyright if needed, contact details if needed, name etc, etc, or any combination of the things I have made up brushes for. This too can save a lot of time and of course that way there is no need to have say a copyright/name etc added to a shot in exactly the same place, size & angle every time.

George.

Thanks for that Paul, The action technique is something I use quite a bit for some of the other parts of my photography PP. If it's something you use on a regular basis then it can save one hell of a lot of time in PP.

Another thing that I do should you be interested, is make brushes up in PS of things that I want put on shots in exactly the right place, size & angle.

For instance copyright if needed, contact details if needed, name etc, etc, or any combination of the things I have made up brushes for. This too can save a lot of time and of course that way there is no need to have say a copyright/name etc added to a shot in exactly the same place, size & angle every time.

George.

I have all my signature watermarks saved as custom brushes, with each different lens in the info, so any images I post always state the camera and lens combo.

Paul.

Back