Has any one dealt with Evasoft.co.u

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Hi all
Has any one dealt with a company called Evasoft.co.uk for software?? Just like to know if there good to deal with please??

Brian

nEVA heard of them. :)

Doesn't fill me with confidence for some reason. Nothing that I can put my finger on though.

They claim to be (from the copyright) from 1999, however, website was first registered 2010. Address on registration doesn't match company address.
These are both minor issues.

People on google seem to think they are legit, but reviews can be faked.

[whois.nic.uk]

Domain name:
evasoft.co.uk

Registrant:
David Neads

Trading as:
*** Software

Registrant type:
UK Partnership

Registrant's address:
Kemp House, 152-160 City Road
London
EC1V 2NX
United Kingdom

Registrar:
UK2 Limited [Tag = UK2NET]
URL: http://uk2.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 16-Jun-2010
Renewal date: 16-Jun-2012
Last updated: 10-Oct-2011

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ultra103.uk2.net
ultra104.uk2.net

>> evasoft.co.uk
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46435
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: Messages has 1 extra bytes at end

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;evasoft.co.uk. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
evasoft.co.uk. 60 IN A 94.136.36.13

Last edited:
Thanks for that! That why i though i would ask about on the forums!:-0

Now there's a coincidence. I was looking at them last night and asking the same question :)

Looking at review sites they seem to get positive feedback, over a period of a few years as well. Seems elaborate for a scam but something doesn't feel right either.

Nop! The only think there may be doing is buying in the USA with a discount bring back her sale them on??

Now there's a coincidence. I was looking at them last night and asking the same question :)

Looking at review sites they seem to get positive feedback, over a period of a few years as well. Seems elaborate for a scam but something doesn't feel right either.

So was I...

There does seem to be a lot of feedback, but every feedback site which had some I noticed that every single reviewer had given only one review - EVASoft. Not one single person had reviewed another supplier. I found that a bit fishy personally and decided against it...

Site says turnover 230 million. Address on the site is (above?) a shop in new bond st. at a virtual office type address.

Rather you than me :)

coldpenguin said:
[whois.nic.uk]
Registrant type:
UK Partnership
Hmm, it's a partnership (not a company), yet it has subsidiaries (according to the website). Seems an odd business structure.

I ordered a full retaily version ofcs5 from them at the beginning of this week when i recived the package (which had been sent from claifornia) it was cs5 extended oem i tried calling them to no avail i did eventually get hold of them on their live chat and the guy i spoke to explaind that they had a problem getting the cs5 that i had ordered so instead they gave me an upgrade to the extened version and that it was a full version, i spoke to consumer direct to see if i could open the software to conferm that it was a full version and was told that i could so i did and it was a full version of cs5 extended :clap: their website shows a london baisd address but the pacaging lable says they are from california. over all it was a good buying experience and worth using again

I ordered a full retaily version ofcs5 from them at the beginning of this week when i recived the package (which had been sent from claifornia) it was cs5 extended oem i tried calling them to no avail i did eventually get hold of them on their live chat and the guy i spoke to explaind that they had a problem getting the cs5 that i had ordered so instead they gave me an upgrade to the extened version and that it was a full version, i spoke to consumer direct to see if i could open the software to conferm that it was a full version and was told that i could so i did and it was a full version of cs5 extended :clap: their website shows a london baisd address but the pacaging lable says they are from california. over all it was a good buying experience and worth using again

I have also ordered adobe CS5 this week. It arrived today, however the packaging was not what i was expecting. I simply received a small blue box not much bigger than the CD's themselves and it said Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended on it. Sounds like i've experienced the same issue as you. I bought the software for a xmas present, however now i'm worried that it's not what i wanted. DId you also receive the above packaging and if so, was your version fine. Was it the extended version bought for the same price as the normal one?

Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed that every single reviewer had given only one review - EVASoft.

I have also ordered adobe CS5 this week. It arrived today, however the packaging was not what i was expecting. I simply received a small blue box not much bigger than the CD's themselves and it said Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended on it. Sounds like i've experienced the same issue as you. I bought the software for a xmas present, however now i'm worried that it's not what i wanted. DId you also receive the above packaging and if so, was your version fine. Was it the extended version bought for the same price as the normal one?

Coincidence... :thinking:

Well done, you have just purchase software that is in breach of the Adobe license terms. It's essentially not much different to a pirate copy except a 3rd party has mad a fat load of profit.

Here is what Adobe say in their Anti Piracy FAQ about OEM software

Is it legal to install an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) version of software on a computer other than the one on which the software came?

No. OEM software agreements specifically cover software that is preloaded onto hardware for sale; it is a violation of the license with the software publisher to sell this software without the hardware.

Last edited:
I purchased Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro from them. The installation kept stalling at a certain point, because there was a corrupt file in the setup. Evasoft's policy is that products can be returned within 7 days of delivery for a refund provided they have not been opened.

Otherwise you are told to contact the manufacturer (adobe in my case). The price I paid was MUCH cheaper than Adobe's retail price, so I guess I should have forked out the proper price.

I'd fall short of saying it's a scam, but I certainly feel like I've been taken for a ride.

I'm intrigued to know what Adobe would say about the license if you called them with your license details to see if the software sold is being done so correctly. I get the impression from what I've seen that it is probably OEM software which is being supplied but can't be sure. It certainly can't be normal UK stock as Adobe don't sell it for anything like that price to their authorised resellers. If it is OEM then officially it isn't licensed correctly so you could be in a sticky position if anything was ever researched, however, this is usually only something that happens to companies so lots of things go unnoticed.

The advice Adobe has always given re the pricing of their software is "If it's too good to be true then it very likely is". The safe list is always found at http://adobedealreg.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=uk and select UK from the drop down (if it doesn't come up automatically). Obviously there are others such as Amazon, the the list gives the really key players as far as Adobe is concerned. The good thing about ordering from these companies is you can also get the license versions which enable you to get maintenance, sure it costs a little more at the start, but in the long run it's a much cheaper route than keep buying upgrades.

I'd fall short of saying it's a scam, but I certainly feel like I've been taken for a ride.

If the product is faulty of course you can return it after opening, that's not something you can find out by telekinesis. That said corrupt files on install media are often a sign of faked software. One other problem is, depending on how you paid, that they may now have your card details, I'd keep a close eye on your account over the next few months and check the license code etc with Adobe.

I purchased Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro from them. The installation kept stalling at a certain point, because there was a corrupt file in the setup. Evasoft's policy is that products can be returned within 7 days of delivery for a refund provided they have not been opened.

Otherwise you are told to contact the manufacturer (adobe in my case). The price I paid was MUCH cheaper than Adobe's retail price, so I guess I should have forked out the proper price.

Three new users.. three positive reviews.. :nono:

I purchased a copy of Adobe Design Premium from Evasoft a few weeks ago; shortly after making the purchase I noticed several things about the company's presentation didn't add up - the fact that all positive reviews online were by people who had never reviewed anything else, for starters. Additionally, the company claims that it makes sales of £230 million per annum but after investigation, it appears to be a one-man operation based out of a virtual office.* Most damningly, this comment on siteadvisor, which irritatingly doesn't appear on the main page for the site which I checked before buying. Accordingly, I looked up a number of common flags for counterfeit Adobe products and prepared for the worst.

When the software arrived, it installed and activated correctly without any of the usual tricks - e.g. interference with the hosts file. Even more promisingly, it registered fully and is now associated with my adobe.com account.

However, several other elements of the software made me nervous - looking at online unboxing videos the packaging seemed different; though the copy I had was shrinkwrapped, it seemed to be missing the outer sleeve and both packaging and CD claimed to have been 'Made in Singapore', which looking online seems to be a common trait of counterfeits. Documentation was provided on a separate disk rather than in hard copy, which initially worried me, though I gather that this is in fact correct for this edition of the software. Most confusingly, the software came with stickers on the DVDs with the legend "Notice to user: Registration Required" and a flyer with the same terms and conditions boilerplate; presumably something a counterfeit would not include, unless it was very confident in its ability to withstand scrutiny. Yet the CDs themselves were provided in plain white paper sleeves, which seemed low-quality for Adobe, though again unboxing videos say otherwise!

The packaging:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/502/2411112010.jpg

The DVD:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2421/2411111950001.jpg

Adobe really doesn't help the effort on its anti-piracy page - http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/antipiracy/piracy_faq.html - they indicate that counterfeits will lack a print manual, feature a single disk with multiple applications and feature the serial number on the DVD sleeve, but as far as I can tell these are all traits of the genuine CS5 Design Premium suite :( I contacted Adobe's anti-piracy office by email shortly after taking delivery of the product, asking for guidance and sending them a copy of the serial number for verification. Unfortunately they haven't responded, which I gather is not atypical. I wonder how many people have bought from Evasoft and not written reviews because they have been left unsure whether they have received a genuine product or not?

* This gentleman claims to be an 'eClinical Software Specification, Design, Testing and Validation Consultant' for the company but is registered as the Director. The London address at evasoft.co.uk is a postal address hired out by OneOffice. They are registered at a Kent address but this also seems to be a postbox maintained by their accountants.

Last edited:
Their site is almost identical to that of Horizon Software who were trading until a year or so ago. I purchased 2 items over a period of 9 months without problem. Both were sourced from US and fully trackable via FEDEX arriving only a few days after order placement. The invoice makes no mention of any import taxes/VAT. Their current advertised address in City Road London is shared with many other companies that use virtual offices or mailing addresses.
"You pays your money you takes your choice"

Or....

"You pays your money for unlicensed software"

Not much different to buying a knockoff at a carboot sale.

It really is that simple.

Feedback from Adobe antipiracy:-

Thank you very much for contacting us regarding the internet reseller evasoft.

Adobe is aware of certain resellers in the European Economic Area (EEA ) market selling grey imported and/or manipulated EDU products. These are products which have been imported into the EEA without Adobe’s consent. We want to let you know that we are actively looking into this matter. One indication that a product may be a grey import or a manipulated EDU version is the price at which it is sold. If the price is attractively low in comparison to the prices of the equivalent product offered by our Adobe Licensing Centers or authorized distributors in the EEA, it is likely to be an illegal import. In other words, if the price seems too good to be true, please beware, it probably is too good to be true.

Importing Adobe products which have first been put on the market outside the EEA into the EEA without the permission of Adobe is an infringement of Adobe’s trademark. A manipulation of our product is a copyright infringement. Adobe will vigorously protect its rights by, if necessary, taking legal proceedings against violators.

At this stage we cannot share any further details regarding ongoing investigations as we run the risk of compromising those underway. As matters are brought to completion, Adobe will be releasing press statements and other forms of communication to inform our customers.

Thank you very much for your understanding and please continue to report any suspicious activity or offers received.

You can as well report to piracy@adobe.com.

Regards

Anti-Piracy Team

Northern Europe

Adobe Systems UK
Market House
34-38 Market St

Maidenhead

SL6 8AD

The main criteria in Adobe's end user license agreement (EULA) that is relevant to my above post is this:-

2. Software License
If you obtained the Software and any required serial number(s) from Adobe or one of its authorized licesees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to install and use the Software in a manner consistent with its design and Documentation and as further set forth below.

If Adobe don't acknowledge that Evasoft are an authorised reseller or distributor (as outlined in my aforementioned post) , then effectively by installing the software from Evasoft is a breach of Adobe's end user license agreement (i.e. your responsibility).

The "grey area" would be that Evasoft are trading in physical media whilst not stating any validity in terms of the license. If they breach copyright or trademarks then these belong to Adobe. Futher research indicates that Horizon Software (formally www.horizonsoft.co.uk) and PB Sofware (formally www.pbsoftware.co.uk) have both ceased trading and were operating in this "grey area". I can only assume that these companies were subject to some kind of legal action (as indicated in Adobe's email in my previous post).

If you are buying on behalf of a business from Evasoft then the risk of being subject to an audit by Adobe exists. Potentially Adobe will decide that this Software is not valid and are well within their rights to seek legal action against your company (with Directors and Officers having a potential for unlimited personal liability).

Rather than pay Evasoft for "grey area" software you might as well download a cracked torrent. I'm not endorsing this behaviour, however in legal terms (based on Adobe's EULA) then this would be effectively the same as buying from Evasoft.

I would expect that Evasoft will cease trading in the next year or so and turn up again in some other guise.

I've just had another response from Adobe regarding this... not as comprehensive as the last one but saying things a little more clearly:-

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:36:08 -0700
To: '********'<********@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Are products from this site legal?

This website is operating fraudulently and not selling full licensed retail product.

Michael Draper
Manager Anti-Piracy Investigations
Adobe Systems 408.536.5490 Office
408-204-2875 Cell
draper@adobe.com
151 Almaden Blvd.
Almaden Tower, A16-113
San Jose, CA 95110

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited. <ACL>

From: *******@gmail.com [mailto:********@gmail.com] On Behalf Of ***********
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:38 AM
To: piracy
Subject: Are products from this site legal?

Hi There,

I've been interested in purchasing Adobe Acrobat Pro X. I have found this site who offer a very good deal, however this seems to be a lot cheaper than I can buy from elsewhere.

I'm slightly nervous that it may be some kind of knock off or something like that. Are you able to advise if this is a valid source of adobe products?

http://www.evasoft.co.uk/adobe/194-adobe-acrobat-x-professional.do

Many thanks,

Hi

I have used them and got the advanced version of CS5 for the price of the normal version. Apparently Adobe products are sold in the US for a third of the price they are sold here! even worst than Pounds for dollars!

I had problems when I moved the installed software from system to system and lost the ability to re-install forgot to deactivate before moving!

Spoke to Adobe and they reset the install for me.

So the review quoting "This website is operating fraudulently and not selling full licensed retail product" is not very truthful, what it is actually saying is maybe Evasoft are not licensed by Adobe but the product they are selling is certainly correctly licensed as it is installed with the Adobe Key.

So really it is down to Adobe and its dual pricing standards.

If you feel uncertain about using Evasoft then just get friend or family to pick up a copy when in the states. $375.00

Or use myus.com or reship.com.

Mike

Hi

I have used them and got the advanced version of CS5 for the price of the normal version. Apparently Adobe products are sold in the US for a third of the price they are sold here! even worst than Pounds for dollars!

I had problems when I moved the installed software from system to system and lost the ability to re-install forgot to deactivate before moving!

Spoke to Adobe and they reset the install for me.

So the review quoting "This website is operating fraudulently and not selling full licensed retail product" is not very truthful, what it is actually saying is maybe Evasoft are not licensed by Adobe but the product they are selling is certainly correctly licensed as it is installed with the Adobe Key.

So really it is down to Adobe and its dual pricing standards.

If you feel uncertain about using Evasoft then just get friend or family to pick up a copy when in the states. $375.00

Or use myus.com or reship.com.

Mike

Doesn't change the fact that the software you are using is not correctly licensed by adobe. See the note above about the channels the software is purchased through.

Just because the key works, and will register with adobe, does not mean the licence is valid. Remember you don't buy software, you buy a licence to use software - and adobe can put whatever terms they wish on that. Not saying this is right, but that is the way it is.

I'm sorry for you that you have purchased software from them, and I am also pleased you have not had any issues. But the problem is not adobe, it is the vendor selling software which breaks the licence agreement. Any vendor selling software in this way is acting fraudulently and it is difficult to argue otherwise.

Back