Has anyone used Camix before?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Has anyone used Camix before?

They have what I need in stock, and their Trustpilot reivews are good, but I contacted them and their cameras are a mix of grey imports and UK spec. Still deciding if I should go for a grey import or wait it out for UK spec.

Just wondered if anyone has bought from these guys before, are they any good, what was the after-sales service like? They offer a 2 year warrenty (assuming since the kit itself doesn't have a valid warrenty as it's grey import), anyone know how well they stand by their warrenties?

Last edited:
Hmmm yes good spotting.

I assume it's just some guy importing and selling cameras.

Yeah I did have a look at the registered business on Companies House previously and saw it was pretty new, another red flag.

Last edited:
I had a look at it there, they are very expensive for a company selling grey market equipment.

It looks very like a drop shipping site with no stock being held at all. You likely place an order on their site which automatically generates an order somewhere else and gets shipped direct and the site owner just pockets the price difference. There are a few of these around for camera equipment including some were you place your order and the kit is actually delivered via an order placed via e-infin which you could just order from yourself.

My brother has several similar drop shipping sites for various things but not camera equipment, it's a good way with the right marketing to make money without having to do any work. They usually don't last long as they are treated as churn and burn with them popping up and disappearing every few months. Christmas before last my brother set one up for electric scooters and bikes they did 1.2 million pounds worth of orders in 3 months. He closed the site down after that as there was a lot of hassle with faulty product etc.

Worth mentioning as well that Trust Pilot reviews are very easily faked, you can hire a guy in India to generate a few hundred of them for you for less than the price of a couple of pints.

Last edited:
Interesting, though, that they offer next day delivery on camera bodies - that suggests local supply or stock. I wonder if that's just a hook and really happens?

Interesting, though, that they offer next day delivery on camera bodies - that suggests local supply or stock. I wonder if that's just a hook and really happens?
I hadn't noticed that perhaps they do have some physical stock. You can get 48 hour delivery from China although it isn't cheap but not sure that next day is possible.

Although they could do the old trick of taking a couple of days to process the order and then say its next day. That would give 3-4 days grace for every order and could still be advertised as next day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info all.

When I asked about the source of the kit I was told that it was a mix - they said some items are imported and some are UK spec.

I was asking about the R3 and they said the current ones on the website are imported, and they are expecting UK spec ones in the coming months.

Also on the R3 product page it says: "Order within the next 3 hr 19 mins to get this item tomorrow", so maybe they do have the kit somewhere, perhaps in some kind of storage unit as andrewc said.

In the end though i've ordered from Panomoz, the price was significantly cheaper and Camix had a few too question marks for me.

Last edited:
I think that was probably the wise choice, Panamoz are great when it comes to looking after you if something goes wrong.
Yeah this was what swayed me. Every time I see someone who had a faulty camera or something they said Panomoz sorted it out super quick.

I also emailed them just after I placed my order with a question and they responded within minutes. I think that's the quickest reply to an email i've ever had from any equipment supplier.

Back