Hats off to DigitalRev!!

Edit My Images
No
Just wanted to give a shout out to DigitalRev for an AMAZING service!

While I did have some issues with them rejecting my first order owing to delivery address queries they stepped up to the mark and got my camera to me in 24hrs door to door after I placed another order!!!

Now that is service!!

Thank you DigitalRev!!

T :)

Where do they ship out from? If it's outside the EU, no good to me. As I'll be hit with 22% customs fees on anything over €22.

If it's from the UK/EU, what are their prices like, say, in comparison to Amazon uk?

I bought a tamron lens from them recently and am really impressed with the price and the service overall.
No extra fees or charges, arrived in about 4 days, product was brand new and exactly as advertised. Good company. This is the second thing I bought from them, and first order was just as good :)

Where do they ship out from? If it's outside the EU, no good to me. As I'll be hit with 22% customs fees on anything over €22.

My lens came in from Singapore. No customs fees though and if you do get them apparently they pay but not sure how that works. I also know nothing about Ireland customs but guessing it wouldn't work for you?

Irish customs seem to catch everything. I was charged VAT & a postman fee!! for a flash unit I bought through Amazon uk, I didn't realise it was being shipped from HK. It still worked out cheaper then buying here though.

If it's not EU I tend to steer clear.

could you not get a friend or relative in the UK to order what you want and then post it onto you from the UK

That might be possible. I'd only do it if the saving was significant though. I'll have to have a good trawl through their website ;)

[edit] straight off I see a mixture: The D800 is actually more expensive on there than in stores in Dublin, yet the D4 is a lot cheaper as is the 5D MK III. It really depends on what you're after then.

Last edited:
Last week they were selling Nikon D4 at a price of £3999.00! I dont think you have any chance of getting one that cheap from Amazon.:clap:

Ive recommended them a few times and peps have got 7Ds and 5Ds and a few lens, off them, as well as things I bought from them, which I did get a good discount :D think I should get commission Julia TP Member (DigitalRevDeals) :)

Last edited:
Last week they were selling Nikon D4 at a price of £3999.00! I dont think you have any chance of getting one that cheap from Amazon.:clap:

At the moment they are €5244 on there, they say this includes import handling charge and delivery to Ireland!

That's a great price. The D4 is €6200 in stores over here. Almost a grand in the difference. There has to be a massive catch!? I'm thinking it'll be stopped over here, and I'll be hit with 22% VAT, which would bring it right back up to the local price. In that case I'd rather buy local, obviously. But if I had it sent to the UK, and got away with the extra VAT. It's going to be just about £30 extra to have someone post it to me here from England, with no worry about Irish-over-bearing-customs. Hmmm, will definitely have to think on this.

UK customs has got much tighter in the last few years. Not many items go under the radar these days. I assume my lens went through but at no charge to me, somehow?

AFAIK DigitalRev's prices are inclusive, any import charges/customs get charged to them :)

from what I understand and it applies to panamoz too if you do get charged vat (as there is no import duty on cameras imported from Hong Kong to the UK)They will refund you
that to me means you have to pay it and send them the bill
I have not been charged vat on any camera item I have bought from these types of company in Hong Kong and I haven't heard of anyone being charged either
By the letter of the law we are supposed to declare the item we have bought to HM customs as we are the importers

Last edited:
That might be possible. I'd only do it if the saving was significant though. I'll have to have a good trawl through their website ;)

[edit] straight off I see a mixture: The D800 is actually more expensive on there than in stores in Dublin, yet the D4 is a lot cheaper as is the 5D MK III. It really depends on what you're after then.

Hi Cagey75,

I would like to confirm with you that the prices for Ireland are all inclusive, so that the prices shown on website are the final you'll have to pay for the items. :)

Thanks a million for that ;) I think the D4 might be just a little much for me atm, and the D800 is similarly priced over here, but I like the look of some lens options on DigiRev. Will definitely do some more virtual window shopping ;)

AFAIK DigitalRev's prices are inclusive, any import charges/customs get charged to them :)

You can prove that by selecting different countries for delivery/viewing etc on the site.

I've ordered a lot of stuff off them, always arrived very quickly (faster than UK retailers) with no problems at all.

another thumbs up for them .... I was very impressed with how fast the delivery was !!
Quicker than items i ordered at the same time from Amazon marketplace lol

I bought a lens from them through eBay on a buy it now - I contacted them beforehand to see if I could get it for the weekend as I was going away. True to their word I bought it off eBay and it arrived the following morning! I was really really impressed with their service :)

Neil

Remember to message them in their section of this forum and they will give you priority shipping !

Their eBay feedback is a bit shady to say the least but I'm still going to use them for a 1DX

Hi guys,

The priority handling for forum member at Talkphotography forum only applies to Website's orders, which we offer first class of service in comparison to other channels. Therefore, we would highly recommend you in purchasing directly through our website - http://www.digitalrev.com/ and provide us the order number for priority handling. :)

Back