Have Jessops got a tie in with Nikon?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I popped into the Kingston store whilst shopping this afternoon. It`s just been totally refurbished, with a MASSIVE Nikon advert covering half the windows on the front on the store.

When I walked in, a third of the display is Nikon kit, Canon`s share is about four cameras and Sony has the rest.

Seems definitely biased towards Nikon now, they must have a deal with them...

Just wondering.

yeah there have a sponsorship deal, if you look at the employees shirts they have a nikon logo on the arm.

Ah, never noticed before.

Cheers.

Shame it now looks like I`ll have to go to Park Cameras now to try out any Canon kit. I`d always used Kingston for bits and pieces and a few canon cameras and lenses over the years, but if they`ve reduced their stock this much I can`t see that I can continue.

So how can Jessops be awarded the retailer of the year? Wheny they gonna push Nikon and Tamron....??

At one point they were set to effectively become the retail arm of Canon UK, but those plans seem to have come to nothing :shrug:

nice unbiased approach from a highstreet retailer there then.

might as well just call it The Nikon Store.

Looks like Nikon might be grabbing that Canon deal!

nice unbiased approach from a highstreet retailer there then.

might as well just call it The Nikon Store.

I don't think bias has anything to do with it, more like who is prepared to offer them the best deal to stock their products, happens in every area of retailing.

Might as well call it Nikopps.

It`s all well and good if you're a Nikon shooter, but if you shoot anything else why are you going to bother with them.

Mind you, they`re crapping themselves about their finances so I suppose they will try an secure their future regardless of their clientbases needs..

Perhaps they have just learnt what the rest of of have known for years :naughty:

i'm increasingly using LCE now instead of Jessops. i walk in with Canon kit and they try and sell me Nikon stuff... eh ?

Back