Having an evening meal

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Having an evening meal...

I spotted this fly sat on the edge of a leaf, and went for the camera. Once I was in position and firing off a few shots, it transpired that I had caught it during an evening meal, until finished and wash seemingly having a wash...

Had 3 extension tubes on for these. In the wider, first image, you can also see a small mite on the edge of the leaf just below the fly, and to the right (out of the focal area) was another potential meal, a blackfly (and I have never, ever seen so many blackfly in the garden as I have this summer. The spiders webs are full of dead ones. Hundreds of them about.

Anyway, I diverse from the main subject, the fly. Amazing colour once illuminated with the flash, lifting a dull brown to a glowing gold.

Exif:
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK
Camera: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/250 sec, f/10, ISO 200

Paul.

Great capture and as you said great colour, amazing what a flash can do. For me the last one is superb. :)

Excellent set Paul and variety of angles. Last one is the only one where I think you could have not had so much head room as it is such a tight shot doesn't need the negative space at all fly could have filled the frame nicely.

Edit: love the colours too.

Back