HDEW or Panamoz

I'm yet to receive my order from HDEW. They're moving office apparently but so far not impressed with their communications as I had to contact them for them to inform me that there maybe a delay as they're moving.

I've just got another email from Tina at Panamos regarding their BACS

Also, please keep in mind the bank transfer discount is 3% and prices have gone up in general, as the pound has dropped during the past two weeks.

We expect the bank transfer service will be back within the next few weeks.

Regards,

Tina

Customer Support

Panamoz.com

I cancelled my order with HDEW yesterday and was not best pleased with their lack of communications. Ordered 12 days ago, contacted them after 6 days for an update; they were moving offices and hope to despatch the following day. Contacted again 2 days later as no further updates were provided to be told they don't have 6D stock therefore the order hasn't been despatched. Terms and conditions clearly state 1-3 days despatch so I would assume it would be normal procedure to inform a customer spending a couple of thousand pounds that the order is not in stock and I can expect a wait...

I wanted the camera for a trip this weekend and was getting a bit fed up so I requested to cancel the order on Thursday afternoon and another message sent by me on Friday lunchtime just to confirm cancellation which was met with a reply stating that if I didn't phone to cancel the order by 3PM the 6D will be sent on Monday as they hope to have stock during the weekend. Another message followed to say that I would not be accepting the delivery and finally they got the message that I no longer wanted the order. No refund in my account as of yet, lets see how many messages it needs for a refund to appear.

Their prices are competitive but by no means the cheapest and they also charged £20 delivery for the above privilege.

Ordered a 70D a week or so ago from HDEW. Have to say the requirement to pay by BACS to get it delivered to work was a disappointment but other than that I've been happy with the process. This is my experience so far:

They were easy to contact by phone to answer a couple of questions before I ordered.
Ordered online, made the payment by BACS and then called to advise them of the BACs payment as noted on their website.
The person I spoke to looked up the order confirmed it and moved it on to the next stage in a few seconds while I was on the phone.
Received an email to say the order had moved to payment made later in the day when they had checked their account as they explained on the phone.
Item was despatched 3 days later and arrived next day, again as indicated.

Unfortunately the 70D was faulty but stuff happens and this is where a company gets a chance to really prove itself.
Emailed them on a Sunday a few days after receiving it.
They replied lunchtime the next day and advised to return the unit for replacement.
Returned unit as requested
Hadn't heard anything a day after it should have been received so emailed to ask them to confirm receipt Friday morning.
They responded early afternoon, confirmed receipt and advised replacement was shipping that day.
I received shipping details later in the afternoon and am now just waiting for FedEx to deliver.

Without wishing to tempt fate before the replacement has arrived in one piece I can't really fault the service so far and at this point will happily use them again with confidence.

I always used to,used the bacs system with Panamoz and have found their,service exceptional over the past couple of years. I always get a conformation email of the order and a couple of days later a despatch email. Even if I'm not in the order gets delivered to the local newsagent which is a drop off point for the courier so I would always return back to using them.

Back