Critique HDR Sunset

Well I am not a fan of that processing.

Could be a nice shot processed differently.

Reactions: ST4
I like it, purists aren't going to like it, but as a striking sunset it certainly ticks all the boxes for me :) Personally I would maybe have tried to keep, what looks like blue sky at the top, blue rather than the murky grey it has gone, apart from that I really like it.

I quite like it, but I find it a bit too dark. I think the composition is good. I would raise the exposure a bit and also reveal some of the shadow detail.

I like it , but will have to echo the comments about the sky being too grey.

Just processed too far IMO, tweaked back a bit would improve it :)

Composition is actually really nice and you have a great set of exposures, unfortunately in this image they have been combined into a 'horror'.

Pull it back a lot, reprocess using milder HDR rather than this artificial alien type, (look at the green grass) and you will actually be left with a stunning wall hanger!

I like the composition, but not the edit unfortunately. It looks way too processed, and given that this is a HDR shot, there is very little detail in the shadow areas, and on the whole a bit too saturated for my liking. Gary's edit looks a load better.

Well it could have been a good photo but its underexposed and over saturated. Good composition and a picturesque scene but unfortunately I am struggling to see beyond the artificial colours which is a real shame

Steve

Over processed... too much tone mapping.

I'd take ire back even further than Gary's edit, tbh. Lovely shot with a lighter hand.

Back