HDR Swan

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just dug out some RAW files and I thought I would have a go at doing an HDR image of my Swan picture that I posted before.

Please tell me what you think.

HDR Swan
HDR_Swan.jpg

None HDR Swan
Charging_Swan.jpg

HDR version for me. the differences are subtle but the whites are less blown and the reflection that bit more vivid. Without the original to compare it with, I'd never have known it was HDR (surely the sign of HDR put to good use?).

:agree: No1 looks good. Well they both do.:D

No 1 for me, but very slight lightening maybe.
Nice shot all the same:clap:
Dean:)

Have you done something to the foreground of the picture? When I looked at it, although it is a beautiful image, something struck me as odd about the foreground. When I went to your gallery, I noticed that your picture called swan swimming (or swimming swan) is more what I was expecting, ie. the reflection of the swan to have a rippled appearance as is observed in reality. Are they two separate pictures - one taken just as the swan was about to swim through a mirror smooth pond (thus giving a smooth reflection) and the other one taken slightly later once the swan had started to move through the water and therefore giving the reflection the normal rippled texture? Just interested. Helen Hill

Wow, I don't think I've seen water that still, it's amazing. Great pictures. I'm not sure which one I prefer out of the two. Possibly the more brightly coloured image.

Helen

I have been back to the same place in order to capture the same type of shot. But I have never been able to get the conditions the same. The water must have just been so still that day, a one off day.

I prefer the non hdr swan. The HDR one looks dirty. Swan's are meant to be beautifully white.

I prefer the non hdr swan. The HDR one looks dirty. Swan's are meant to be beautifully white.

I can see what you meen his head and neck look a bit dirty, might combine the 2 and see how that looks.

Back