Heavyweight Strap

Edit My Images
No
Having just purchased a Nikon 500mm lens, Im looking for a heavyweight strap to carry it when using it handheld, "yeh I know its heavy an hand holding not recommended".

But for those of us who are built like the proverbial, can anyone recommend what strap they use.

Many thanks

I don't have that size lens, but I would have thought you should be looking at either Black Rapid or Q-strap sling style strap and attach it to the lens

I don't have that size lens, but I would have thought you should be looking at either Black Rapid or Q-strap sling style strap and attach it to the lens

Thanks Chris, I have emailed the Q- strap site to see what weight the linkages are rated at.

Definitely. They seem as strong as op-tech + they have an extra button you have to press to release, so more secure.
You can also fit a quick release plate onto their fixing plate, so you don't need to swap over.

I have an op-tech sling, I've tried a black rapid & the carry speed is much more comfortable imho

Definitely. They seem as strong as op-tech + they have an extra button you have to press to release, so more secure.
You can also fit a quick release plate onto their fixing plate, so you don't need to swap over.

I have an op-tech sling, I've tried a black rapid & the carry speed is much more comfortable imho

Thanks Carl, very helpful, will probably go with this option

Check you get the newer CS FS-2 version (hinged on the camera plate) the original wasn't I believe.

Last edited:
Back