Hebridean Celtic Festival

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was lucky enough to be asked back to the Hebridean Celtic Festival as an official photographer :D So here are a few shots of the last day of the festival featuring a local act 'The Open Day Rotation' and 'Larkin Poe'.

Had a great few days and considering I just received my new camera last Tuesday it was quite a leap in to get used to it!

Anyway hope I get asked back again!

Open Day Rotation by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Open Day Rotation & Calum Martin by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Larkin Poe by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Lovely set and my only issue would be the last image, I know you've gone for the tilted angle, but if its not purposely looking like its tilted, it can look like its just wonky, and I think that last one, doesn't look like its tilted on purpose, needs either a little more tilt or should be straightened to lose that mike on the ladies, left :)

Other than that, very good. I like the little girl and the wide eyes. A nice mix of colour and B&W images, not over processed :)

Some tight crops of their faces and expressions would be good too, especially if they're giving it their all or putting a lot of emotion into the song. Will pop over and check out your flickr stream :)

Am sure the band will ask you for more, especially if its for free. They like free photography.

Thanks for your feedback... your right with the last one... was going for tilted but didn't tilt enough, might have a look at it later and try a crop/straighten.

As for tighter crops... I did try cropping some of my shots much tighter but I lose to much quality, need to save my pennies for a 70-200 haha, only got a 24-70 on a crop body.

Thanks for your feedback... your right with the last one... was going for tilted but didn't tilt enough, might have a look at it later and try a crop/straighten.

As for tighter crops... I did try cropping some of my shots much tighter but I lose to much quality, need to save my pennies for a 70-200 haha, only got a 24-70 on a crop body.
Hopefully you can get the band to contribute to the "i wanna new lens fund" :)

I think they are all good, only some are better than others. The light on the RHS of the first one is just a bit too strong for me and it kind of overwhelms the band, but I like the next 2 b&w shots. The one with the monitor is a clever idea, but the first one of Larkin Poe looks a lot better in the bigger version on Flickr, so maybe a crop on the left to home in on the bend a bit more?

Back