Hello from Notts

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

So I'm new here, and looking to use the forum to help improve my photography knowledge and share ideas with others.....:cool:

My inteterests are really candid pics of my daughters (1 month and 3.5), and documenting their lives.

I've been interested in photography for years, and take a few 'OK'ish pics, just looking to take things to the next level (whatever that might be!:shrug:). I collect around 100 portraits of them every 2 - 3 months and produce a 100 page book (via Blurb(y)) - that's my general way of doing things.....

Had a Canon G7 for 2 years, which was great and really got my interest going (till it broke), then decided to get a bit more serious and buy a DSLR.

Equipment is Nikon D3000 (my first DSLR - had for about 18 months), starting to notice it's limitations now, hanging off buying a new body though (would like a focus motor, even tempted for a D90 which even with the D7000 around would do me nicely (see 50mm 1.8D:LOL:!) - sticking with it for a while to get everything out of it. Got the kit 18-55, the 55-200 and an older 50mm 1.8D (used) recently (love it when I get it right!!), so an 'OK' balance, 55-200 is my main I would say.

I'm manually focusing the old 50mm 1.8D which is helping my skills in general I suppose (y) but can be a bit hit and miss (my limitations)

Anyone around Nottingham way? :) :wave:

Cheers,
HS

Hi I'm new to this also and I am from Nottingham...
I have come to this site as I am currently looking to purchase a new Nikon D7000 (camera body only…and a few lenses)…whilst researching the internet for the best prices I came upon Dilones.com…a very attractive price but I wonder if the site is genuine? Another site is Pro-Camera shop…does anyone know if this is also legitimate and if not where would any one recommend going to get a really good deal on a camera…I would rather not go onto the high street as the prices are not particularly competitive…

Hi Simon,
Yeah, D7000 looks good to me :)
For my needs though, (with my D3000) I really just want a slightly higher fps, a motorised body and slightly better ISO performance, and funds being what they are, I think a D90 would do me to be honest - and buy some better glass - thats my plan.

I was stuck between an AF-S 50mm or the MF version (with my D3000), got the MF version with the view that I'll be upgrading the body eventually anyway - happy with the glass can be sharpy when you get it, but MF is costing me a few decent pics right now :( I need to work a bit at it.
I'll check out your links, thanks.

Cheers Dave....I've just put some in my Gallery, and posted it in Critique -> Portraits....maybe let me know what you reckon if you get a spare minute? Always keen on feedback from people that know what they're doing!
I'm shooting them in jpg, and been meaning to try RAW/Nef for a while, thats going to be my next little experiment over the next few weeks - Cheers

Back