Hello from Scotland

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
It was sunny Scotland yesterday, but it's now gone wet and misty again. :(

I'm Paul and I live in the West of Scotland (west of Glasgow). It seems there are a few of us around these parts, so I look forward to sharing views of where's good for photo opportunities.

I'm very much a beginner - still getting to grips with manual mode, on-camera flash (and occasional off-camera) and Lightroom. I've been shooting with my current SLR for about 3 months, having had a long hiatus since my last camera. My weapon of choice is a Pentax K5, with a mix of primes and zooms, although my go-to lens at the moment seems to be a moderate telephoto zoom (50-135) rather than a more conventional walk-around. I tend to take photos of my kids (hence the telephoto), mountains and other landscapes.

Looking forward to taking huge numbers of (mostly rubbish) photos and gradually improving. Guidance, help and criticism always welcome!

Here is one of my recent shots, converted to B&W. I quite enjoy more "challenging" compositions...

4.jpg

Welcome Paul, good to have another local on here :)

Great image!

Are the Scottish still allowed on here if they go independent? :cautious:

...:exit:

Welcome to the forum! :D

Hello Paul and welcome to the forums, a fine image also.

Hi Paul, And welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing from you and seeing some of your work on the forums.

Hi Paul and welcome to TP - Glad that you found us, we're a friendly bunch and there's lots to get involved in on the forum too :D

Look forward to seeing you around (y)

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Hi Paul and Welcome :)

Back