South-East England Hello - Newbie from Basingstoke

Edit My Images
No
Hello.

I'm a newbie photographer. I like taking pictures, though I'm not good at it. I use my phone and my camera - Right now I just have a point and shoot type thing (Fujifilm Finepix S4530).

I'm hoping to get a DSLR around Febuary - April. I think I'll be able to spend about £500 on one. One of the ones I'm looking at is the Canon EOS 700D but I haven't got my mind set yet. I have no idea what I'm actually looking for, I still need to figure out what specs to look for.

I find it hard to navigate all the technical bits on the websites as I have some cognitive disabilities and it feels like I'm trying to read ancient greek or something at times!

Anyway, I'll leave it there, I'm rubbish at introductions, thank you for approving me!

Pixelbug

Hi and welcome to TP :)

Just a couple of quick thoughts for you?

In both the support and guidance (assuming that is what you are seeking) will come if:-

Can say what sorts of photography you like for example - landscapes, animals, people, street photography, buildings etc

You say that reading up about the technical bits is sometimes like ancient Greek..................well post in the appropriate sub forum what you need help to understand and all being well feedback & answers will come.

Lastly, do post any pictures that you have taken so far for constructive criticism.

All the best :)

Hi and :welcome:

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Welcome Pixelbug.(y)

Thank you for all the welcomes :)

I like all sorts of photography, animals, I'm interested in trying street photography but a bit scared of it too. I like taking pictures of the animals in the zoo, I'd like to try wildlife but I never really see any here. I like what I've been told are quite boring and cliche things like sunsets and bare trees. I like things taken from funny angles too, also the ones where the lights are blurry and in odd shapes in the background.

I think I'm going to have to try a few different styles and see where I go from there. I'm hoping to get on a photography course once I have my camera, a local college does some evening courses a few times a year it looks like.

Back