Hello

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
I've already made a couple of posts, but just noticed this welcome forum, so apologies if I should have posted here first.

I bought my first DSLR a couple of years ago; a Canon 450D, which I've loved and have taken photos of many subjects with very pleasing results. I recently upgraded to a 7D so I could use wireless off-camera flash (something that I always wanted to try but the 450D didn't support this without buying a load of clunky gadgets).

I live in Edinburgh and always up for meeting people for photography sessions, so if anyone's local, please get in touch.

Last edited:
Canon Balls said:
hmmm, did I upset anyone, or just too boring to respond to? :D

Welcome on board, that's quite a leap you've made how are you finding it?

Hi Richard! :wave: Welcome to TP mate!

Hi and welcome!

I have a 450d and have just finished looking at the 7d, maybe one day..

Welcome to the forum - Edinburgh, went there once ..........it rained, but there was a great Chinese restaurant near the castle(y)

Hi and welcome!

I have a 450d and have just finished looking at the 7d, maybe one day..

To be honest the 450 is a very good camera, the only reason I upgraded was because I wanted to do off-camera flash photography without any extra gadgets attached, and the 7D is the cheapest Canon that offers this (at least that's what the guy in Jacobs told me). Other than that I've not found any extra usable features the 450 doesn't offer. That said I've only had the 7D a couple of months so maybe it does have some hidden magic I've not yet found. :shrug:

Welcome to the forum - Edinburgh, went there once ..........it rained, but there was a great Chinese restaurant near the castle(y)

Sorry to hear about the rain, many will tell you it's a wonderful city under a clear blue sky. However, I've never found a decent Chinese restaurant here yet :D

welcome to the forum Richard- response time vary on here- just be patient (y)

Enjoy the crack on here very friendly people :D

Les

Back