help,my printer wont print

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
just got some ink from premier ink for my canon ip4700,its the jettec in that i have used before.
but when i load it in the printer the printer doent recognise it,and says printer is empty even thou the carts are chipped also the printers orange light is flashing as it tends to do when something is wrong.
can anyone help
ive tried phoning them but the line is dead,im in a bit of a panic as ive to do some printing today for a sale tomorrow

Take the carts out, unplug the printer, disconnect usb, then reconnect in reverse order. Failing that . . . a no9 bricking hammer may do the trick :)

Try the above. If it still doesn't work then try some standard carts. Then if they work and the non OE ones don't work then I'd send them back as faulty.

Thanks all nothing has worked so I threw the head up and bought an epson r1400 printer as I was looking somthing a3 anyway, I'm now having problems with it.... Ohhhh the joys , it never ends

Print a test sheet - does it work?

Have you made sure all the transport wotsits are removed and there aren't those tab things left on the cartridges?

You might need to play around with print margins/page setup as every printer seems to be slightly different so when you change things that printed perfectly don't always any more.

The lights on the carts themselves won't even light up the pc tells me the printer has no ink loaded

Sorry, it's the canon that won't recognise the ink I have seperate problems with the epson on another thread

For future reference these people are great for replacement ink cartridges, never had one that wouldn't work, Canon or Epson and a 100% guarantee.

For Canon IP4700

thanks for that gramps,the strange thing is the new ink i put in this morning is exactly the same as what i took out (manufacturer) and the printer had no problems last night

hmmm Run some anti malware. You could have a bug that hits your printers software.

My guess its the chips on the carts. It may not be all of them, I had a similar problem several years ago and it was the black cart that was giving the problem. But the printer anounced No Ink I'd contact the supplier and tell them of the problem. .Maybe a simple replacement job

Chapters your right I swapped over the chips from an old set and all is well, thank you very much

Back