help: nikon d40 flash not working??

They bought it through Amazon and put the "Gift" receipt in the box. Absolutely useless as Amazon won't talk to me about it as I didn't order it. After a Sh!tty email to Customer service my friend is going to be refunded and I'm going to go to Jessops today and get a new one!!

I was going to buy my D40 from Amazon but I ended up buying it for £20 more at Dixons.co.uk just for pure peace of mind and I’m glad I did now.

Got my mate to get a refund then bought a new one from Jessops for 4 quid more, much easier to walk into the shop if there's any problems!!

whats the difference in sb-400 and sb 600?

can both be used say on a nikon d80 (this is the one i would like to upgrade to)? (also not sure if this has put me off nikon and go for something else)

who would buy a d40 without a working flash though, and how much with the nikon lenses i have?

I had to make this decisions about a month ago when I bought the SB600 and was asking myself if I really need it as I wasn't sure if I'm really getting out in difficult light situations shooting BMX action (that's why I wanted to buy a flash anyway). I first thought that the SB400 would be sufficient but in fact, it's (in my opinion) useless. It probably helps with those family snapshots indoors but for anything else I think it's just not strong enough. Also, for £30 more you get a 'real' flash (SB600) with swivel/angle head, diffuser and you can use it as a slave/remote.

Really crap about the pop-up one, even though they're useless but I understand that not everybody would buy a second hand camera which isn't working properly (even though the pop-up flash are crap anyway). :(

Back