Help with finding free models!

Name
Lauren
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, i'm new to this website and, fairly new to photography! I'm finding it really difficult to find willing models! I take photos mainly of my nieces and nephews but want to expand on my senior portraiture! I've asked family, but they're all too busy and my friends are all too self conscious and to be honest aren't what i'm looking for in terms of pre-visualised imagery. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Lauren x

Hi, i'm new to this website and, fairly new to photography! I'm finding it really difficult to find willing models! I take photos mainly of my nieces and nephews but want to expand on my senior portraiture! I've asked family, but they're all too busy and my friends are all too self conscious and to be honest aren't what i'm looking for in terms of pre-visualised imagery. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Lauren x

Plenty of on-line model agencies or do you want a model who'll work for free?

Try Purpleport or Model Mayhem ( online) some models will do a collaboration of their time for free prints

Les

Free models are generally pretty flaky. They often break comms for no reason, get a better offer of just don't show up. You'll have a much happier experience if you pay someone for a couple of hours. There's also a distinct possibility that they'll bring their experience and suggest ideas/help you too

Yeah, I think paying for one is probably better, but it means my portfolio is going to have to wait a while. I really can't afford to be paying for models at the moment. Guess my nieces and nephews will have to do for a couple of months!

Thank you anyway!

I'll also say there are social media groups, but I'm sure you would find "models" on PP or MM. They both offer free accounts, so not a lot to lose really in my opinion.

PurplePort is the best place to start - but you'll probably need to demonstrate some ability or originality to attract models in return for images (aka TF, time for..) rather than paying them.

Basic membership is free and if you use this link to sign up I get a month's full membership for free ;)

Back