help. . .

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
Been shooting for just over a year, and i,m really enjoying it, started off with a 600d, 18-55 kit lens, then bought a 55-250 ( mostly shoot motor sport), got hold of a nifty 50 and was happy enough with that.
Then i saw a 70-200 f2.8 for sale in the classifieds and that was the start of the slippery slope.
I have just bought a sigma 10-20 f3.5 as i fancy trying a bit of landscape photography. The problem i now have is where to go next, i fancy something to bridge the gap between the 10-20 and my 70-200.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, im tempted to just go straight for a 24-105, but they arnt the cheapest of lenses s/h, any help would be most appreciated,
cheers,
Dave

Wouldn't your 18-55 kit lens do that? Do you actually need the quality of a more expensive lens? Do you print big at all? If not.. just stick with your kit lens until you actually notice it's shortcomings.

If you already have... then perhaps the EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS or EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS?

Sigma 18-35mm f1.8, not quite bridging the gap, but a very nice lens by all accounts, don't own one but from reviews it seems to be very good.

The Canon 15-85 is an excellent lens for a crop, stays on my 7D when not using my 120-300F2.8
I'd 2nd this...before i had mine i used the same Sigma as you but now its virtually redundant.....the 15-85 is a great lens

Thanx for the replies, as for my 18-55 i,m gonna gift it to my friend when he finally buys himself a s/h 550 body, and i just fancy something different, the 15-85 has got me thinking, and so has the 17-55, there is one for sale on facebook, its £450 deliverd, and has a uv and polarising filter chucked in. . . . . . . .BUGGER. . .

Urgh...

What is all this talk of zoom lenses?

You want PRIMES man, PRIMES!

Dave, when I read your posting, I can't help but getting the impression that your photography is mainly determined by you buying a lot of lenses, and enjoying it :) and there's nothing wrong about this, but if you allow me the comment, I'd like to say, don't forget to enjoy photography! :)

I use only two lenses - a 35mm, and an 85mm. They cover all my needs. I have others, but I don't need them.

Dave, when I read your posting, I can't help but getting the impression that your photography is mainly determined by you buying a lot of lenses, and enjoying it :) and there's nothing wrong about this, but if you allow me the comment, I'd like to say, don't forget to enjoy photography! :)

I use only two lenses - a 35mm, and an 85mm. They cover all my needs. I have others, but I don't need them.
I can se how you would read that into my post, true, i do like a nice lens, but i,m in a position at the min to be able to buy some better glass, and do a bit of experimenting, i,ll sell my 55-250, again it will be to my friend, when he buys his body. My 50mm, i havnt used for a while so that will probably go the same way, at the min i,m only useing my 10-20, but i,m off to a rally this weekend and will be useing my 70-200, i just think sticking to those two will leave me a bit limited,
cheers,
Dave

Back