Henri Cartier-Bresson: Unseen work at London exhibition

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
"Ten photographs, previously unseen in the UK, form the basis of a new exhibition at Somerset House in London featuring the work of French photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson - widely regarded as the father of modern photojournalism.
Linky: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20203475

Hoping to see this on Monday. There are some really strong photo exhibitions on in London at the moment: World Presss Photo, the Taylor Wessing, Tom Wood at the Photographers' Gallery, the Barbican's Everything Was Moving & this one. I've probably even missed a couple out there.

Saw the exhibition the day it opened and well worth the visit. I also makes you appreciate how important the actual print process is when looking at the colour photos. However, for a real eye opener you must go to the gallery next door and see the Tim Walker exhibition which includes a lot of his props - huge insects, snails and giant dolls, as well as a WW2 spitfire! Amazing photos! Both exhibitions are free!

The Cecil Beatin: Theatre of War exhibition is excellent. If you think of him as a fashion photographer, go see it.

gingerjon said:
Hoping to see this on Monday. There are some really strong photo exhibitions on in London at the moment: World Presss Photo, the Taylor Wessing, Tom Wood at the Photographers' Gallery, the Barbican's Everything Was Moving & this one. I've probably even missed a couple out there.

If your off to the barbican, check out the rain room. Google Leon Neal for images.

went to the Everything Was Moving one a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. The only criticism of it was that there was so much to look at. Had to go at the 7pm window and really felt a bit burned out and pressed for time before the place closed.

I went to see CARTIER-BRESSON: A QUESTION OF COLOUR on the last day.
I thought there was some wonderful photography displayed (not very well hung - too many reflections and shadows).
They had sold out of catalogues; I don't suppose that anybody here wants to sell me
their copy?

Back