Hereford Sunset

Name
sean
Edit My Images
Yes
After waiting all week the sun eventually showed itself (ish). I went up to British Camp and had to act quick as there was a fast approaching cloud coming from the horizon, conditions weren't the best, as you can see there was some light clouds slightly covering the sun and a blustery wind made It hard to keep the camera still even on a tripod. Anyway here is the final result, I'm not sure I like it though, better foreground perhaps, I'd Like to hear others opinions and thoughts.

Sunset over Hereford by Sean Hinks, on Flickr

Had I been you Sean I would have turned 90 degrees to the right and photographed that nice low sunlight falling on the westerly slopes of the hills, much more interesting.

Had I been you Sean I would have turned 90 degrees to the right and photographed that nice low sunlight falling on the westerly slopes of the hills, much more interesting.

That was the image I had hoped I would get but there just wasn't any warm light falling on the Slopes but I agree that would have been more interesting.

that is pleasant Sean and only lacks from my intense and over pp corner..just that
some contrast and then brute work with burn and dodge till the thing looks like it never looked
a fresh example
cheers
geof

that is pleasant Sean and only lacks from my intense and over pp corner..just that
some contrast and then brute work with burn and dodge till the thing looks like it never looked
a fresh example
cheers
geof

Thanks for the advice Geof, might play around with the image again and see if I can make it a bit better.

Thanks for the advice Geof, might play around with the image again and see if I can make it a bit better.
remember its what YOU like that counts
i can really say that what i like is not to everyone's taste..
best of luck
geof

I think you got the exposure spot on, and I like how the image is basically split up into horizontal thirds.

Shame mother nature didn't give you a better light but that can't be helped!

I think the sharpness is better than your last upload (I had a look at the full size original on flickr) but the very front of the foreground is out of focus, an using f/11 or f/16 would aid better front to back sharpness.

Keep at it, one day you'll get mega amazing light! :)

I think you got the exposure spot on, and I like how the image is basically split up into horizontal thirds.

Shame mother nature didn't give you a better light but that can't be helped!

I think the sharpness is better than your last upload (I had a look at the full size original on flickr) but the very front of the foreground is out of focus, an using f/11 or f/16 would aid better front to back sharpness.

Keep at it, one day you'll get mega amazing light! :)

Yes It was a shame the light wasn't better but the sun didn't even show for most of the week so I was pleased with this light as well.

I will bear that in mind when shooting next and will definitely keep at it, Thanks Stu.

Back