Hermes -- the reality

Should also point out that the survey was based on online shopping (rather than surveying senders) and only 75% of these were deliveries to the home, with the rest using click & collect from branches, the CollectPlus netwrok, etc.

They also use google street maps to lie, oh you have white UPVC door, errr I did when google took the image but now it wood and red ;)

If you're paying extra for business insurance on a car for anything other than rep mileage you're using the wrong insurer.

Wrong, it depends on what you use the vehicle for.
Normal S.D & P policies will normally cover for travel to and from your normal place, but not all do.
Class one gives you cover to various places of work, I have that as I can sometimes be required to
go to another office, my insurers offers it as a free upgrade on the policy, but it does not cover carrying goods, or doing deliveries
For multi drop deliveries you really do need a proper commercial policy
Check HERE
It's one of the reasons I believe cheapest is not always the best.

No its not great at all. Like mentioned above they probably have standard car insurance. Pretty sure they are covered with hermes insurance, although i wouldn't be surprised if they wasn't. Better off with a paper round!

Pretty sure is wrong they have to sort their own insurance.

Can't remember if it was last year or the previous year, but I was told the police were checking vehicles leaving a collection point and checking insurance,
sending those that weren't covered back and telling them to get it sorted or they would be prosecuted.
Pretty sure B1ts is right too, I doubt Hermes would cover them, they do statre in that advert that you have to have insurance

I find them ok, used to use them a lot when i cleared out tons of old crap via ebay and needed uber cheap delivery. I was paying £1,99p +vat for up to 2kgs uk 5 days.

Back