Herringfleet Mill Sunrise

Nice set Craig

I'm guessing these are from Sunday morning?

I'm gutted I didn't go out but am a bit under the weather ATM so didn't bother. Looked like an awesome sunrise tho! I've got to get to Hereingfleet soon, keep meaning to go! Where did you park out of interest?

Cheers T

Hi Craig. Compositionally a very nice set. #1 I think would have benefitted from you taking a step forward to get rid of the blurred vegetation. I find it very distracting. I also feel you've over compensated for the sky in the first 3. Most of the sky is darker than the grass.

I Like this set a lot, and I while I agree with mark to an extent I have taken sky's like this in Scotland and they really do come up like this pretty much straight from the camera,

Geoff

Nice set Craig

I'm guessing these are from Sunday morning?

I'm gutted I didn't go out but am a bit under the weather ATM so didn't bother. Looked like an awesome sunrise tho! I've got to get to Hereingfleet soon, keep meaning to go! Where did you park out of interest?

Cheers T

Yes Tom they were, nearly didn't go out myself as I was under the weather still drunk, not even hungover, from my works do but a good friend drove at 5.30am! Parking, Saint Olaves road south to Somerleyton, just as you cross the border back into Suffolk there is the official car park which is closed but there is space in front of it to park.

Mark and Geoff, thank you both for your comments. Geoff the sky was very dramatic and I think that is what I was trying to convey with these shots, it was very contrasty and I didn't want to make it wishy washy. However, looking at them again I agree with Mark. I am not often one to change my mind but they are not natural at all. The top half of the frames are silhouettes, and the bottom half don't match. Trying to keep the feel of the scene as I remember it, but taking Mark's good advice on board here are some re edits. (The vegetation was trying something different, and perhaps my editing making it too dark ruined the attempt)

Re edit

Mill Sunrise by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back