Hi going to a church christening

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi I am going to a christening Sunday what is the best setting to use I have a Nikon d3100 ? Thanks for looking

Nobody can really give you settings as all churches are different. even if we new the church the light would change depending on the time of day and the weather. The other thing to remember is not all churches allow photography to take place during a ceremony and lastly you are dealing with an unpredictable subject. Good luck non the less.

Nobody can really give you settings as all churches are different. even if we new the church the light would change depending on the time of day and the weather. The other thing to remember is not all churches allow photography to take place during a ceremony and lastly you are dealing with an unpredictable subject. Good luck non the less.

+1

Did a Christening last year, the only photography I was allowed to do in the Church was after the ceremony.

As about, unable to advise on settings as there are waaaay too many variables involved but as a general rule, don't be afraid to bump up the ISO ;)

Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are having to ask which setting then maybe the answer is auto?

Hi I am going to a christening Sunday what is the best setting to use I have a Nikon d3100 ? Thanks for looking

Best bet at a christening is usually an outdoor portrait after the event. It's also generally easier if you haven't got a fast lens and aren't confident about getting results in low light.

Every church is different, as is every minister. You may not be allowed to photographs in the church during the baptism itself. Consider it a bonus if you are. But don't let your camera get in the way of why you're there.

Mark is the church near you?, if so why not pop along and just try a few settings on auto and see what settings the camera suggests that way you will have an inkling of a starting point.

Mark is the church near you?, if so why not pop along and just try a few settings on auto and see what settings the camera suggests that way you will have an inkling of a starting point.

Also,if you do go ahead of time(good suggestion) On the board outside the Church,the vicars phone number should be on it.
Give Him a ring and say you do not want to muck His christening service up,so would it be OK with Him to take some shots of the baptism.
Get on His right side and it helps a great deal.(y)

Back