Hi, Matt from Basingstoke

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I am Matt.
I am new here.
I am new to photography.
I have a Canon 550d with 18-135mm lens (The package deal one)
I like to (try to) photograph nature typically.

Anyway, I thought i'd introduce myself and include a few photos as well to make it a little more interesting and perhaps get some valuable feedback.

I went to the London Sealife Aquarium monday and out of my hundreds of photos taken these I suppose are my favourite 5... out of a possible 20 vaguely ok-ish photos (Fish move fast, and it was dark so rookie me struggled!)
animated-smileys-embarrassed-57.gif

IMG_1098.JPG

I like this one because it looks like I am in a submarine :)

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

I like these ones because the fish are nice and colourful and they are semi-in-focus!

IMG_1281.JPG

This one because I like the way the closest is in focus(ish) the most and going backwards the others are proressively less focused

IMG_1511.JPG

Finally this one, because if I knew what I was doing it might have been a great in focus action shot!

I can't remember which were and which weren't taken with manual, P mode, Tv and Av modes. About halfway through I realised that the camera was far better at choosing the right iso, shutter and apeture settings than me unfortunately however I do like to try and shoot as close to manual as possible as I want to learn about the camera and auto doesn't seem to be the best way about this.

One problem I found myself having was the aquarium was dark and the fish were fast moving so when shooting in manual I tried to have a fast shutter speed, wide apeture and high(ish) iso (To try and limit the graininess)

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
Hi Matt.
I am pretty close aswell as I live in Bracknell. I work with nikonite (previous poster) and we are both fairly new. I like wildlife photography aswell and I have just ordered the sigma 150-500. If you would like to get together and take a few photos sometime just send us a pm.

And one from Farnham, welcome.

Back