High Key Orchid

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Pinkorchid1.jpg

That's lovely Janice, I like the over processed look, is that what you were going for? Could do with a background though imo, maybe something blue?

i like that. something calm and pastel coloured. very nice (y)

Thats really nice, sitting here looking at it, I can just see it as framed print on the wall :)

BTW, the pink matches the blouse from your avatar :) :)

Thanks all. I used the onboard flash set at -2 to trigger the sigma 500 super which was off to the side on a tripod and it bounced off the ceiling.
It was a test shot for my future portraits.... I still dont know if Ive got it right... there seems enough natural light in the conservatory without flash tbh.
If I turn the flashes off... the pictures look the same!! LOL

I really like this, and would certainly have it framed on MY wall :)

Hi Jancie, lovely shot, but I'm not sure if its just me but I'm seeing 2 colours on your background. For around the 1CM underneath the border it is white, it then becomes cream (not faded but a solid line).

I only mention as it may become more important when doing portraits.

Lee

Now this one would have done well at our club last night!

Hi Jancie, lovely shot, but I'm not sure if its just me but I'm seeing 2 colours on your background. For around the 1CM underneath the border it is white, it then becomes cream (not faded but a solid line).
Lee

Its not just you, I think the back is cream but it has been framed against white - I think the border just needs to be aligned to the image or the background made white.
Excellent shot Janice & my favorite of yours so far. Very nicely done. :clap:

thanks folks

Fangman... whatever type of clubs do you frequent which have orchids....lapdancing clubs!! ;) OH, your camera club...sorry! :D

As for this cream border ...... I have a white background, then a thin grey line around... then more white as the border... the colour outside that white border is the background of this webpage which is a bluish grey..... that is what you can see round the edge which makes my white look cream! :)

Ah just a moment.... i have looked from a lower angle and I see what you mean!!! I have no idea about that...sorry!! :)

very nice! thats very good

Back