Wild Hobby eating Dragonfly on the wing

Perhaps just lift the shadows a bit but i feel a right pratt saying that with the capture you have there :exit:what a moment in time that is well caught.

Perhaps just lift the shadows a bit but i feel a right pratt saying that with the capture you have there :exit:what a moment in time that is well caught.

+1 to that ;)

What a great "right moment" capture.

Ditto the above, what is your new toy?

Wow , what a moment in time , well done

agree but what a great shot it is.

Rob.

Thanks for the comments ! I will try lifting the shadows - I did it in the post process stage, but thought " this isn't what I saw " and dropped them back closer to the original... in real life the underside of the wings appeared almost black.

New toy is a Nikon 600mm f4 AF-S Mk1, I had a lot of fun with it today but feel I am a long way from mastering it.

That's pretty much the shot anyone who has ever tried to photograph hobbies wants to get.

Nice capture. A friend has the VR 600mm F4. It's a huge beast so I don't envy you carrying yours around but it's an amazing lens.

Back