Holi Celebrations

W

whiteflyer

Holi, also called the Festival of Colours, is a popular Hindu spring festival.

Today there was a smallish event in Manchester, I could not really get right into the action due to not wearing old clothes and not covering my camera up first, something to remember for next year.

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice set of pictures. Looks like you've caught the event well. I'd possibly experiment with a touch more saturation and selective contrast to really help bring the colours out more.

I would have use a smaller aperture for some of these images. Looking at the exif, you may have been using a flash where you'd need a sync speed of 1/250 so shorter shutter times wouldn't have been possible. Although It doesn't look like you've used flash here.

Thanks for looking chaps

I would have use a smaller aperture for some of these images. Looking at the exif, you may have been using a flash where you'd need a sync speed of 1/250 so shorter shutter times wouldn't have been possible. Although It doesn't look like you've used flash here.

I did use a bit of flash on some of the shots, but forgot to put it in high sync mode :bang: hence the higher than normal f number

Whereabout in Manchester was this? I may head down next year.

Sure looks a lot of fun!

The was in Platt Fields park Rushome, if you go next year make sure you cover the camera and wear old clothes. This was the first time for me, it was only small but I'll be back next year.

Back