Holiday Kit

Name
Carlo
Edit My Images
Yes
what kit do you take when going on holiday.

Earlier this year i went to Vegas with my 18-70mm lens and sony a300 and that was all apart from memory cards and charger, needed to travel light.

whilst away i found that i couldnt zoom in on some of the sites i wanted to, so last week whilst taking a trip to Barcelona i took my 55-200mm lens and was missing a lot of close up shots that i couldnt zoome out enough on, so was gutted luckily did have a sony point and click.

so when going away what do you take?

thanks

I take my normal kit see my camera bag in my profile to see what's on it.

Well, I'm off to Canada this month, and I'm taking everything. Body, 2 lenses, flashgun, tripod, triggers, laptop...EVERYTHING! Luckily I'm going with work, which is why I need to take everything, and they're paying to ship all our equipment by freight.

If I was going on my own...I'd still take it all, except maybe my pod. But it all fits in one fairly small backpack anyway!

we were trying to travel light and only away for a few days with the wife so didnt wanna to monopolise the time taking photos when were trying to see as much as possible.

just wished i had planned to tke a second lens

I'd always take both lenses (only kit lenses, 18-55 and 55-200). I could even ditch the pack with just a body and 2 lenses.

Hmmm... Interesting thread.

I was just thinking a nifty and an eos film body, keeps the creativity flowing!

I'd not even thought about my old film body! My old Fujica ST605! hmmmmm....maybe I should take that to Canada too!

travelling light, I normally skip my 300mm and go for the d300 16-85, 10-20 and 55mm (macro)

When I went to florida I took 1dmk3,40D 300f2.8Lis,24-105f4L
70-200f4Lis, 1.4X,580EX
monopod and tripod

im off to boston on sunday and i plan on taking
body (obviously) + new 17-70 + cp filter + charger and thats it :).

this is all providing i get my camera back from the repair place in time :LOL: otherwise ill be taking a body which doesnt light up the af points with me lol.

I'd not even thought about my old film body! My old Fujica ST605! hmmmmm....maybe I should take that to Canada too!

Yep, no messing with charging batteries and all that.

Got some film and away I go, and of course you get full 35mm on a film body... non of that cropping gubbins!

Heading to Vegas for a week in Oct - plan on taking my 16-105 and 50 1.7 prime and put them in a camera bag inside my normal carry on bag, space permitting!

[i may come back with more glass though!!:naughty:]

Taking all my camera kit and no clothes :naughty: because I will be on my weight limit in my hand luggage :LOL:

Back